Reason for some optimism | Syracusefan.com

Reason for some optimism

Why can't I place any bets on Syracuse in my sporting apps. I check multiple different ones, but nothing. I can place bets on every other ACC team but Syracuse. Anyone know why?

Why can't I place any bets on Syracuse in my sporting apps. I check multiple different ones, but nothing. I can place bets on every other ACC team but Syracuse. Anyone know why?

NYS does not allow betting on NY college teams so they are blocked in the betting aps.

Edit: betting by those in NYS

Virginia does the same thing.

And if I make the 5 mile drive to Maryland and launch the FanDuel app, my phone starts on fire.
seems to be standard.

No R or Seton Hall in Jersey either.

I am always optimistic about the team since they hired Dino. The man is not perfect, but he really gets our players pumped up. I am very excited to see what happens with the new offensive coaches, better depth at quarterback. Sur ethe D line depth needs to improve but to be honest we are not at the point where we are expecting to be national champions. We need to get good before we become great, and I honestly feel we are getting better.

This really sucks. First year in a long time I am not fired up for the season and it has nothing to do with our boys. More re-alignment, NIL and our unwillingness to play ball(according to Wildhack), etc just has me feeling like the college game the way we grew to love it is over.

I used to get so fired up over an upcoming WV game. I haven't felt that way in a while. I thought the whole 'who's house, our house' chant in the middle of Alumni stadium would have rekindled an old rivalry, it hasn't. It feels like we're treading water solo in shark infested seas.

At least I'm buying into some of the pre-season Lions hype. I mean we have the highest paid offense in the NFL apparently lmao.

I'm not a big gambler and usually don't get into this stuff...but just saw we're +25,000 to win the ACC. So if we bet $100, we win $25k if we win. Am I insane to think this isn't a possibility if we get some luck and click on all cylinders? I get it's unlikely, but $25k winnings unlikely? Yeesh.

I'm not a big gambler and usually don't get into this stuff...but just saw we're +25,000 to win the ACC. So if we bet $100, we win $25k if we win. Am I insane to think this isn't a possibility if we get some luck and click on all cylinders? I get it's unlikely, but $25k winnings unlikely? Yeesh.
I have always wanted to bet on Syracuse, but I'm not a gambler and most of the ways to bet elude me. This seems like a great bet. Where do I find it?

A couple of things need to work out favorably for us to get to a bowl [OL gelling, some guys to step up at DT, WR corps showing improved reliability, slightly upgraded passing consistency, etc.]

Thing is, I could see most if not all of them working out.

Bowl or bust.

I'm more excited about our new coaches and offensive scheme. It will be nice to move on from a the bad offensive play calling that has plagued this team for many years. I agree with TheCusian that SU can win 7 or more games this season. Things just feel different this year and we will find out in the first game since it is a team that has owned SU over the last several years. LGO !!

Saw it on betrivers.

I love your relentless optimism but your disappointing me here

If we have a top 20D and top 40O, we are gonna win at least 9 games :cool:
Can’t win lol

From your post to gods ears

I’m a normal season I’d say 8 wins, but because of SOS I think we squeak out 6-6. It will be a very fun season to watch I bet though, really looking forward to it.

I pretty much gamble on sports everyday lol, and I got a 7 unit play on Syracuse over 4.5, if they can’t win 5 games with this team, and two built in wins Dino should be fired 1 minute after the final whistle.