Reasons Why Boeheim Might Actually Thrive In This NEW ERA | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Reasons Why Boeheim Might Actually Thrive In This NEW ERA

Again with the hypotheticals. I thought you guys were all about reality.

But hey, as long as we’re playing this game, I’m giving us three more titles. Because what if Smart misses the jumper, Onuaku doesn’t get hurt, and Fab Melo doesn’t get suspended? And one more appearance in the championship game, because what if the officiating at the end of the Michigan game wasn’t complete garbage?
Not playing a game -
Describing the past 7 seasons as a "winning formula" didn't sound right to me. To you? -Fine no prob.
Pointed out that the recent SU trend is to sit precariously on the bubble, therefore the "winning formula" discussion could easily have had no basis to pull from.

Your response traveled farther back in SU history than 7 years-
And if hypotheticals are off-limits then a lot of threads need to be closed!

But hey, as long as we’re playing this game, I’m giving us three more titles. Because what if Smart misses the jumper, Onuaku doesn’t get hurt, and Fab Melo doesn’t get suspended? And one more appearance in the championship game, because what if the officiating at the end of the Michigan game wasn’t complete garbage?
I believe there is some way to ask AI to run an alternative timeline where Syracuse doesn't get shafted by NCAA power politics and to give an estimate of how many wins and championships would have been accrued. I'm estimating 1300 wins and 11 championships. This is possible, I kid you NOT. He also won 2 championships while playing pro ball for the Scranton Miners.

Last edited:
That’s cool. JB still has four titles now.
Michigan people fixed that game just like they did for Howard getting coach of the year over Few.

He seems to have thrived in all eras .
I guess depends on an individuals definition of thrive.
I know the dude has never had a losing season and has went to several Sweet Sixteens in the last 10 or so years.
Be care what you wish for is what I say.
Again—we don't have to "wish for" anything. It will end.
The questions are When and What Then.

If you don't think we can get a coach that can get us to a better than 6th place ACC finish, well, that's just sad. Not sure why some people are looking at JB's overall record as some sort of bar for us to match right now. The thing we need to do is be better than we have been the past 6-7-whatever years. We have to get back into the Top 25. If you truly believe we're going to be even 'worse' AJB, and if (as such things seem to coincide) you think the program is Jim Boeheim, i wonder what reason you'll have to watch games in a few years.

In any/all of those fantasy scenarios that favor us (minus Smart), we could still have lost. Because the better team doesn't always advance. And then take away 2003, because What If Warwick doesn't get there.

You either won it or you didn't. A lot of schools have their own What If fantasies, and i'm sure a lot of them work against us.

In any/all of those fantasy scenarios that favor us (minus Smart), we could still have lost. Because the better team doesn't always advance. And then take away 2003, because What If Warwick doesn't get there.

You either won it or you didn't. A lot of schools have their own What If fantasies, and i'm sure a lot of them work against us.
Exactly. I prefer to talk about what did happen. A lot of people on here choose to criticize JB over what could have happened. It’s silly.

Just like what if 350 schools made the Sweet Sixteen AGAIN like the Orange?

Just like what if 350 schools made the Sweet Sixteen AGAIN like the Orange?
Is that sentence translated from Russian?

Do i understand you? You're gloating about reaching the Sweet Sixteen?
As i said in a previous post, "sweet sixteen" is a meaningless marketing phrase. You won two games. Which is nice. If we had lost the first game, you'd be doing math that includes us in the 'top 68 out of 350 schools,' right? At some point, you might want to look objectively at the accomplishment or lack thereof, and then consider what it means on a larger scale and for someone who doesn't have a drawer full of Syracuse tees.

Again, we made the Sweet 16. Again we were mired in the middle of the ACC. Which do you think has more impact on the program towards its success?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom