Rebounding and Defense | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Rebounding and Defense

No argument at all. Simple points made that happen to be included in an original reply to your post.

Got it -- that's why I was confused about your post. I think we're in agreement across the board.

Here's hoping there's a guard out there like the one BC got as a transfer option. That kid wasn't necessarily ACC caliber, but he was forced into the starting lineup this past year and accorded himself well. Would love to see us land some mid-major transfer, who at least can push guys in practice.

No argument there.

But if JB didn't play eventual NBA ROY MCW when he was the fourth guard, who's he going to bring in to be the 4th guy in a 3 guard rotation this offseason?

He played him 10 minutes a game for 3/4 of our total games his freshman year.
That's enough time to get acclimated to the pace of college basketball.

It's also more time than several bench players got in recent years, all of whom have since departed.

Like you said, he was the 4th guard. He still played. If somebody got hurt, he would know what he was doing on the floor.

He played him 10 minutes a game for 3/4 of our total games his freshman year.
That's enough time to get acclimated to the pace of college basketball.

It's also more time than several bench players got in recent years, all of whom have since departed.

Like you said, he was the 4th guard. He still played. If somebody got hurt, he would know what he was doing on the floor.

MCW would completely disagree with your post about how he was handled freshman year. And indeed, he was quite displeased and was considering transferring, but Hopkins talked him down.

MCW was a McD's all american, and he could still barely see the floor outside of the early portion of the schedule, and was not a factor in that team's rotation. At all.

Got it -- that's why I was confused about your post. I think we're in agreement across the board.

Here's hoping there's a guard out there like the one BC got as a transfer option. That kid wasn't necessarily ACC caliber, but he was forced into the starting lineup this past year and accorded himself well. Would love to see us land some mid-major transfer, who at least can push guys in practice.
Definitely more of a legit discussion than any arguing.

MCW would completely disagree with your post about how he was handled freshman year. And indeed, he was quite displeased and was considering transferring, but Hopkins talked him down.

MCW was a McD's all american, and he could still barely see the floor outside of the early portion of the schedule, and was not a factor in that team's rotation. At all.
MCW was a on 30-1 team.
I get he could have gotten more run but he got into 26 of 37 games and averaged double digit minutes as a 4th guard.

That team he sat behind had a clear path for future minutes for him.

Our players now we can’t even play the bench in nonconference games.

I wish we could get back to where our 4th guard could actually play.
We don’t even have a 4th guard now.

I think people are underestimating JB Jr and Swider.
0131905B-281A-4B35-B588-505DFBB9CB00.jpeg

We haven't really rebounded that well in a long time so I'm not too concerned about that, but hopefully we don't get killed on the glass every game.

We should get more blocks especially from the Center group, I'm just concerned if we'll get enough steals from the Guards and Forwards. If we can, we should be great in transition with all of the shooters we have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom