Receiver MUST STEP UP. | Syracusefan.com

Receiver MUST STEP UP.

Taj Harris is a very promising young receiver. I still think we're a year away from being where we want with the WR co]rp. Not to get ahead of myself, but think of next year for a second. Devito with Abduhl Adams, Jarveon Howard, and Neal in the backfield. WR options with Niekheim Johnson, Taj Harris, Trishton Jackson, Eddie Hendrix, Devin Butler. We return someone on the 2 deep on the OL at every position. On defense, I believe we return someone on the 2 deep at every position as well. Exciting times.

True, but i think the play calling is what kept ot close. Waaaay too many lateral passes. We threw nothing down the middle.
Florida state is terrible. Our receivers gave them a tenth of a chance

whats the state of Hendrix injury ? he was said to be best of rookie wr and Lutz

Devin Butler proved why the coaches have so much faith in him. Incredible athletic ability coupled with with being the best blocker of the group. Once he eliminates the drops he'll be all conference.

Jesus, what a lame take. Shafer isn't coming back, get over it.

Oh god, get real, i love Dino but you cant seem to let go of comments made 2-3 years ago.(15 for targeting:)) Many on the game thread weren't happy wirh the play calling. We kept them in the game in the first half.

Devin Butler proved why the coaches have so much faith in him. Incredible athletic ability coupled with with being the best blocker of the group. Once he eliminates the drops he'll be all conference.
Yup. It's hard to take him out when he is so valuable as a blocker.

True, but i think the play calling is what kept ot close. Waaaay too many lateral passes. We threw nothing down the middle.[/
i thought we did well. Yes Custis missed huge td but we didn’t drop too many balls after that. Good job by Butler running hard and blocking hard. Gotta gotta gotta get Harris in there more. Pure receiver and very athletic. Riley is too small. I know NJohnson is too but Johnson is more shifty than Riley.

I agree with ish not throwing deep on the hashes. Wide open all game. Phillips in this game would have 200 receiving yds. Play calling was what kept this game tight till end.

I agree with ish not throwing deep on the hashes. Wide open all game. Phillips in this game would have 200 receiving yds. Play calling was what kept this game tight till end.

I missed it, is he on this team?

Oh god, get real, i love Dino but you cant seem to let go of comments made 2-3 years ago.(15 for targeting:)) Many on the game thread weren't happy wirh the play calling. We kept them in the game in the first half.

You mean the usual suspects being stupid. Great way to bolster an argument.

Taj Harris is a very promising young receiver. I still think we're a year away from being where we want with the WR co]rp. Not to get ahead of myself, but think of next year for a second. Devito with Abduhl Adams, Jarveon Howard, and Neal in the backfield. WR options with Niekheim Johnson, Taj Harris, Trishton Jackson, Eddie Hendrix, Devin Butler. We return someone on the 2 deep on the OL at every position. On defense, I believe we return someone on the 2 deep at every position as well. Exciting times.

This season is far, far from over. I think we have a legitimate chance at 8 wins in the regular season. UCONN, UNC, NC State, Louisville all at home and winnable. Pitt & BC will be tough on the road but it’s not out of the question we pull one out. Very invested and excited for this team and what they can be. Especially because expectations were so low.

However, next year, the talent will be at the highest level since 2001. Easily.

QB- DeVito & Amie
RB- Adams, Neal & Howard
Outside WR- Jackson, Harris, Hendrix, Butler, Queeley, Jordan
Inside WR- N. Johnson, Lutz, Riley, S. Johnson
TE- Hackett & Horan
OL (my prediction L to R)- Servais, Davis, Heckel, Adams, Veterello (P. Davis, Clark, White as depth).

DE- Robinson (hopefully), Coleman, Jonathan, Berry, Morton
DT - Bear, Ruff, Black, Okenchekwu, Harper
LB - Armstrong, Richards (assumes he goes back with DE depth), L. Williams, Wallace, Trotter, Allison
CB - Frederick, Scoop, Trill, Iffy, Cordy, Stritz
SS - Foster, Colely
FS - Cisco, Clarke, Johnson

Pretty damn good ACC roster with experience.

I don’t have a problem with the lateral passes. I have a problem with 3 runs up the middle when they have 7 players in the box.

Yes! Second down should have been fake the dive, and let one of the ends slip his block and leak toward the corner of the end zone. Works easier if its the side the QB throws best from, so he can roll out, if necessary.

Only thing i recall wr doing wrong was custis drop... terrible drop though

The ball that Custis dropped for what would've been a TD, was the best throw Dungey has ever made. That thing was a perfect spiral landing directly in the middle of Custis' hands while in full stride.
And Custis didn't just beat his man at the LOS, he was pulling away from him. His long strides make him sneaky fast. Hopefully, that drop was his hiccup for the year. *fingers crossed*

Custis drop was huge but the playcalling in general was a big topic in the chat in the 1H. Way too many runs with Neal inside the 5 against too many defenders in the box.

Loved what I saw from Nykiem. WRs are slowly getting better.

My only fear is that FSU is really that bad. Really unacceptable performance from them in all phases.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom