Recommendations for WMU Game | Syracusefan.com

Recommendations for WMU Game

Hodad

Walk On
Hello everyone. WMU fan here. I just wanted to give a couple of recommendations to all of you, especially TexanMark, as it pertains to stocking up for your tailgate if your making the trip to Kalamazoo.

On the WMU board, Wally's Subs and Jimmy John's were recommended for sandwich platters. Wally's subs are very good but a bit "heavy" if your washing it down with your favorite beverage. Jimmy John's isn't bad, but nothing special. I think you all would enjoy Jersey Giant Subs (K Menu). I think they're the best in our area.

As for a grocery store, one person suggested that Harding's was similar to Wegman's. Believe me, I've been to Wegman's many times and Harding's is like comparing a Chevrolet to a Mercedes. Meijer is a better choice for one stop shopping. It's comparable to a Super Target. You can buy just about anything their from groceries to beer, wine and alcohol, clothing, tailgate supplies, etc.

If you're looking for the alcohol Mecca, you'll want to visit Mega Bev on West Main Street (M-43). You'll find a wide variety of brews, including beers from New York State. Yuengling drinkers will need to BYOB. They don't distribute to Michigan. But, with all of the great breweries here, you'll find something you'll like. If you do happen to stop by Mega Bev, there is a Meijer and Walmart Super Center in close proximity.

Hope you all enjoy your time here.

Thanks... actually bringing some Yuengling over to the tailgate.

Be sure to hit us up for advice here if U come to Syracuse in 2019

My cousin who lived in Michigan said I had to check out Bell’s Brewery & Eccentric Cafe in Kalamazoo.

Bell's Brewery, Inc. | Home

ECCENTRIC CAFE & GENERAL STORE
355 E. KALAMAZOO AVE.
KALAMAZOO, MI 49007

Review:
So long as you're checking out Bell's, or Kalamazoo in general, it's necessary to visit the Bell's Eccentric Cafe. It's a beautiful spot hosting anywhere between 30 to 40 Bell's beers on tap, the vast majority are batches made for the Cafe only, brewed at the original brewery next door. It's here you can find rarities such as Bell's Uberon, their bourbon barrel aged version of Oberon, their summer wheat ale. Along with slanging brews, The Cafe has a kitchen, and also serves as a venue, with acts such as Of Montreal and Greensky Bluegrass playing there in the past. It's also connected to the Bell's General Store, where you can get growler fills, Bell's apparel and home brewing equipment.

Last edited:
My cousin who lived in Michigan said I had to check out Bell’s Brewery & Eccentric Cafe in Kalamazoo.

Bell's Brewery, Inc. | Home

ECCENTRIC CAFE & GENERAL STORE
355 E. KALAMAZOO AVE.
KALAMAZOO, MI 49007
Are you driving over? If so send me a note. I have two tickets left if you need some. If you have tix...love to have you join our tailgate.

Are you driving over? If so send me a note. I have two tickets left if you need some. If you have tix...love to have you join our tailgate.
Looking forward to catching up with you at the tailgate.

From a guy who has only been there once. If you want an interesting experience go to the Kalamazoo Beer Exchange. Prices fluctuate based on demand at the restaurant like the market. Each hour prices drop to half price.

If a bunch of Cuse tailgaters show up the beer prices will go through the roof