Record setting Jeopardy last night | Syracusefan.com

Record setting Jeopardy last night

James Holzhauer, a professional sports gambler, won $110,914 on April 9 to break the single-day cash winnings on Jeopardy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...s-books/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.63c7379d87ef
I remember being in awe the night before when he had $42K+ before Final Jeopardy. He is amazing.

He calculated (for those who didn't read the article) his Final Jeopardy wager so that, if he was right, the amount would be his daughter's birthday ($110,914 = 11/09/14). Dude has cojones.

there havent been many pushing the max bets, mort worry about winning first, with what he has made so far he has a different agenda.

Sports gambler James Holzhauer just scored another victory, but that’s not the most impressive stat in his 5-game streak. He’s up to a whopping $298,687 in winnings, and in his fourth game, he brought in $110,914, beating the one-day record previously held by Roger Craig. James’s aggressive betting is paying off in the form of dollar signs!

James won again last night. He actually missed the final Jeopardy question. He won around 30k.

wish i could stay up for the final jeopardy ? whippersnappers. 7:20 it's getting dark. i did notice this dude goes right at the $1000 questions and works up the board value first rather than down. i find him smarmy and unlikeable. but he does know his trivia. hope he has an epic fail on something simple. and the answer is ...

who is pete rose ?

wish i could stay up for the final jeopardy ? whippersnappers. 7:20 it's getting dark. i did notice this dude goes right at the $1000 questions and works up the board value first rather than down. i find him smarmy and unlikeable. but he does know his trivia. hope he has an epic fail on something simple. and the answer is ...

who is pete rose ?[/QUOTE
I really like the word smarmy. Very much.

Smarmy-A characteristic that has helped many less qualified people get ahead in the world.

James just lost all his money on a daily double in single Jeopardy.

James comes back and wins $45,444 Bringing his 8 day total up to $460,479.

James set the 2nd highest single game total tonight of $89,158. His seven day total is now $415,035.
He is approaching Ken Jennings type winnings!
I used to be a jeopardy geek. Never think to watch it anymore but I did watch it on Friday. I thought a lot of the categories were pretty easy but the guy was pretty impressive. Maybe I will watch it Tuesday. See if I can beat him.

Here you go cuseattle.
6.jpg