Record setting Jeopardy last night | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Record setting Jeopardy last night

If real, I can’t wait to see how it unfolds. His final bet of under 2000 makes no sense given his prior strategies especially what his competitors had at final.
Wouldn't have mattered what he bet based on her bet. Definitely can't wait to watch.

Well one of his opponents is a Librarian from Chicago.

Was he ready to be done? Can't be it. So bizarre.
I was thinking the same thing. A lot of the categories seemed a lot harder tonight but he has been the king of the buzzer, and tonight he lost out buzzing in, if indeed he knew the answer and therefore missed out on the daily doubles.

Conspiracy theory alert: they wanted him gone. Gave the daily double to her, gave him daily double early.

Was he ready to be done? Can't be it. So bizarre.

I think he knew his opponent would wager enough to more than double his score. His best bet at winning would be to wager enough to beat Jay if Jay got the question right or wrong. Then he hoped that Emma put down a huge wager (which she had to do) and missed, leaving him the win.

It was his best bet.

He made a good bid, it had to be $1399 or less (I'm disregarding ties for this discussion). Any more than that and the other guy could've won.

If she's right, he loses no matter what. If she's wrong, he wins. It didn't matter if he was right or wrong.

This situation happens in quite a few Jeopardy games.

From the article:

In fact, Syracuse University sports analytics professors Shane Sanders and Justin Ehrlich crunched the numbers for USA Today in a story published Monday and found that, at the start of any given match, there was a 99.3% chance that Holzhauer would win. They also projected Holzhauer would win 98 more games before losing.
I guess past performance doesn't guarantee future results. That librarian, who is only 27, knew a lot of stuff and played a great game.