Michael Page, LSM, Bernardsville, NJ / The Hun School
Nick Papa, M, Manlius, NY / Fayetteville-Manlius / IMG Academy
Max Rosa, M, Camillus, NY / West Genesee
JT Stirpe, A, Vestal, NY / Vestal
Lars Swensen, A, Duxbury, MA / New Hampton
Luke Talago, FO, Center Valley, PA / Allentown
Harrison Thompson, G, Mountain Lakes, NJ / Mountain Lakes
Blake Ulmer, G, Lake Forest, IL / Wilbraham & Monson
Jack Wood, A, Duxbury, MA / Governors Academy ???
Shaffer Woody, M, Durham, NC / Durham

Class of 2020
Jackson Birtwistle, A, Radnor, PA / Radnor
Tommy Drago, LSM, North Caldwell, NJ / West Essex
Patrick Duffy, G, Portland, OR / Portland Jesuit
Blake Erlbeck, A, Torrey Pines, CA / Torrey Pines
Liam Ferris, A/M, Delmar, NY / Bethlehem
Frankie Hapney , LSM, Baltimore, MD / St Paul's
Owen Hiltz, A/M, Peterborough, ON / Culver Academy IN
Caden Kol, D, Salisbury, CT / Salisbury School

Caelin Lewis, M / Sammamish, WA / Skyline
Marshall McGuire, M, Lake Oswego, OR / Lake Oswego
Saam Olexo, D, Annapolis, MD / Archbishop Spalding
Jack Savage, FO, Lakeridge OR / Lakeridge

Drew Snyder, A/M, Bradenton, FL / IMG Academy
Jack Witherspoon, D, Reisterstown, MD / Gilman School

Class of 2021

Blake Borges, M, Yorktown, NY / Brunswick
Matteo Corsi, A, Detroit, MI / IMG
Jack Fine, FO, Roslyn, NY / Avon Old Farms
Kyle Gonsiorek, LSM, Buffalo, NY / Salisbury School
Aidan Kelly, A/M, Berwyn, PA / Conestoga
Finn Kelly, A, Severn, MD / Archbishop Spalding
Nathan LeVine, D, Windham, NH / Windham
Kyle McCarthy, D, South Hamilton, MA / Pingree
Casey Mulligan, M, Manasquan, NJ / Manasquan
Carter Rice, M, Dorchester, MA / BC
Kyle Rolley, G, Dallas, TX / Episcopal School
Barrett White, M, Alexandria, VA / Episcopal

Last edited:
Thanks for compiling these OX!

A few notes on these lists:
Ronald Fisher is now at Moeller in Cincinnati with Dieball. Dieball is having a pretty nice season, I think.

There aren't a lot of long sticks on the list. That means they need to hit on the ones they are bringing in. 4 in the class of 2018 is fine, but one is a juco transfer, and those aren't sure things to even be on the spring roster. Owen Hull, Jack Kennedy and Jacob Walthour seem like they could contribute. I suppose we have some young depth at longstick on the SU roster now, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Tyler Lawton's HS stats have increased the past few seasons. He has scored 49 goals this season.

It looks like 2019 HS Grad Michael Page is now at Manasquan HS in NJ and they are doing pretty well.

While I don't think this HS class of 2018 has a lot of offensive talent, there seems to be talent spread out over a number of positions. I've never tried to project HS goalies, and I have no idea if Katchadurian will be a starting goalie at SU. Besides the 3 UAAA all americans, I like the long sticks, Dieball is 6'4" and fast, the Kims are big and strong, I think Berkman will see the field at SU, Lawton seems pretty talented, Thornton is a good fogo who can play offense and Washington might be a pretty good fogo prospect.

Thx Ohmillax. Here is a bit of backdrop to NJ lax scene, the play in Fitch-Pitt and Gibbs leagues along with some preps and non publics leagues is high level, skills and physicality . Those leagues mainly encompass parts of Union, Morris, Somerset and Bergen counties. South Jersey has improved over the years but still notches below though individual players like d Corley of Maryland attended Shawnee .Hun was a top prep a few years back and Manasquan at least one of the better public programs down that way. New Providence located near Summit with number of top NJ lax teams in vicinity but NP league n schedule not on par with area so Lawton recruit likely off BBL club performances. Kim twins are huge and mobile for size, play good schedule and have improved each year but tough to gauge their timetable to contribute. Younger Kennedy bigger than bro but game more similar to Cunnigham. Cuse, Duke, ND, Villanova, Colgate, Army, St Joes to name a few are seen perusing top hs games. UNC and UVA are absent . Carolina interest in a few Jerseyans comes from being seen at showcases while UVA sources the preps including NJ's Lawrencille in Mercer county due likely to a connection. Some colleges are connected to certain schools. Denver oddly seem to have pipeline to Westfield defenders until recently, Pioneers were also interested in defenders who went to Cuse. . Bias of area is to attend what is perceived to be best academic name rather than best lax program so you also see many going to the Ivies as Im sure is the case in many other states. Imo, Westlin of Seton Hall prep is best attackman in state this year and headed to ND where he'll join Morin of Morristown Beard who many considered the best NJ's attackman last year.

Does anyone know where to find stats for Berkman, Mangan, the Kim Twins and Dieball?

Ronald Fisher is now at Moeller in Cincinnati with Dieball. .

2018 Boys Varsity Lacrosse Roster - LetsGoBigMoe.com - Cincinnati Moeller High School Athletics

This Ronald Fisher is uncommitted:

(Moeller's IG account is private, but here is the caption)
  • moellerlacrosse Senior Day! Ronald Fisher, 2x Varsity Award, part of Moeller Band, First Honors for every quarter at Moeller. Still deciding to play lacrosse at Hampton, Michigan, Brown, Hobart. Stay Gold Ronald! #TEAM30 #brotherhood

2018 Boys Varsity Lacrosse Roster - LetsGoBigMoe.com - Cincinnati Moeller High School Athletics

This Ronald Fisher is uncommitted:

(Moeller's IG account is private, but here is the caption)
  • moellerlacrosse Senior Day! Ronald Fisher, 2x Varsity Award, part of Moeller Band, First Honors for every quarter at Moeller. Still deciding to play lacrosse at Hampton, Michigan, Brown, Hobart. Stay Gold Ronald! #TEAM30 #brotherhood
Ronald Fisher's Inside Lacrosse recruiting evaluation
This is the IL recruiting page for Fisher. It says he's at Moeller and is a Syracuse commit. Also, if you try to find anything about Ronald Fisher for Gilman this season, I don't think it exists.

Edit: Maybe Fisher isn't committed to Syracuse anymore, but I am pretty sure this is the same person.

Thx Ohmillax. Here is a bit of backdrop to NJ lax scene, the play in Fitch-Pitt and Gibbs leagues along with some preps and non publics leagues is high level, skills and physicality . Those leagues mainly encompass parts of Union, Morris, Somerset and Bergen counties. South Jersey has improved over the years but still notches below though individual players like d Corley of Maryland attended Shawnee .Hun was a top prep a few years back and Manasquan at least one of the better public programs down that way. New Providence located near Summit with number of top NJ lax teams in vicinity but NP league n schedule not on par with area so Lawton recruit likely off BBL club performances. Kim twins are huge and mobile for size, play good schedule and have improved each year but tough to gauge their timetable to contribute. Younger Kennedy bigger than bro but game more similar to Cunnigham. Cuse, Duke, ND, Villanova, Colgate, Army, St Joes to name a few are seen perusing top hs games. UNC and UVA are absent . Carolina interest in a few Jerseyans comes from being seen at showcases while UVA sources the preps including NJ's Lawrencille in Mercer county due likely to a connection. Some colleges are connected to certain schools. Denver oddly seem to have pipeline to Westfield defenders until recently, Pioneers were also interested in defenders who went to Cuse. . Bias of area is to attend what is perceived to be best academic name rather than best lax program so you also see many going to the Ivies as Im sure is the case in many other states. Imo, Westlin of Seton Hall prep is best attackman in state this year and headed to ND where he'll join Morin of Morristown Beard who many considered the best NJ's attackman last year.
Thanks! New Jersey is one of the most important recruiting areas for Syracuse. They've gotten so many good players, especially defensemen, from NJ. I'm glad to hear they attend some High School games.

I don't know where to find stats for Berkman. Highlights are easy to find on the West Orange Maxpreps site. The more I see him, the more I like him. He isn't big but he uses his body very well and does well with contact. He kinda reminds me of a right handed Ryder Garnsey.

Ronald Fisher's Inside Lacrosse recruiting evaluation
This is the IL recruiting page for Fisher. It says he's at Moeller and is a Syracuse commit. Also, if you try to find anything about Ronald Fisher for Gilman this season, I don't think it exists.

Edit: Maybe Fisher isn't committed to Syracuse anymore, but I am pretty sure this is the same person.

I don't believe he signed an NLI last Fall.

Tyler Lawton scored 7 goals and added an assist in a New Providence playoff win yesterday. I always like seeing SU recruits have break out seasons for their HS team. I think Lawton is having one this season.

Fiorini as the regular season ends has 60 points on 28 and 32
Cook 91 points on 48 nd 43
Rosa 37 points 32 and 5. Is Rosa taking faceoffs this year?

Fiorini as the regular season ends has 60 points on 28 and 32
Cook 91 points on 48 nd 43
Rosa 37 points 32 and 5. Is Rosa taking faceoffs this year?

Rosa is not taking face offs I believe.

Tyler Lawton scored 7 goals and added an assist in a New Providence playoff win yesterday. I always like seeing SU recruits have break out seasons for their HS team. I think Lawton is having one this season.
Kid is obviously good and he can only play who they put in front of him but opponent was weak as is Group1 South. That is why I mentioned that Cuse has hit NJ field and club scene after receiving recommendations from connections.. NP did play a very good Summit team (Helmer's hs ) earlier in year and it is always difficult for anyone to score against their zone. NP lost 8-2 with Lawton registering a goal.

Some colleges are connected to certain schools. Denver oddly seem to have pipeline to Westfield defenders until recently, Pioneers were also interested in defenders who went to Cuse.
Probably from Tierney's Princeton days. The two schools to watch in NJ are Mountain Lakes and Delbarton. They are consistently good and that region in Northern NJ, (about where 206 meets 80) is only rivaled by the Raritan Valley area, (along 78) and Bergen County area. In Bergen, Ridgewood used to be a hotbed (Mike Springer) and that area as a whole has gotten better (Don Bosco, Bergen Catholic, Ramapo, Ramsey, Northern Highlands). I'd love to see SU continue to mine this area.

Probably from Tierney's Princeton days. The two schools to watch in NJ are Mountain Lakes and Delbarton. They are consistently good and that region in Northern NJ, (about where 206 meets 80) is only rivaled by the Raritan Valley area, (along 78) and Bergen County area. In Bergen, Ridgewood used to be a hotbed (Mike Springer) and that area as a whole has gotten better (Don Bosco, Bergen Catholic, Ramapo, Ramsey, Northern Highlands). I'd love to see SU continue to mine this area.

Villanova recruits Delby heavily as does Lehigh. Cuccinello (Villy) comes from Lakes as does Smith (Duke). Helmer comes from Summit . Delby been on some tear these past few years but think they are vulnerable, knowing they have beaten Lakes twice and Summit once this year

Davidson of Summit and Flynn of Lakes are two great coaches and always get the most out of their teams. Summit zone D confounds many and Lakes aggressive rides overwhelms most but Delby is familiar with both. . Shame that Summit and Lakes are slated to meet in semis. Hope the winner of that semi goes on to win the TOC.

Looking at the numbers and it looks like the staff is going to have to make some tough decisions. The 2018 roster had 56 players and 5 redshirts - bringing the total to 51 active players (not sure if there were any non-freshman redshirts). That's a big number for a D1 program - but Syracuse typically carries one of the largest rosters. In 2017 they carried 52 (7 redshirts) and in 2016 they carried 51 (9 redshirts).

We lose only 5 seniors this year (Simmons, Madonna, Lane, Delisle, and Bomberry) bringing the total number coming back at 51 (unless I'm missing someone). That's a complete team for most programs.

Now we add 18 (so far) which brings the number up to 69 on the roster heading into next season.

The problem then repeats itself next year (11 graduating - 14 already committed).

Not sure if this is an issue that tends to work itself out with kids reading the writing on the wall or the staff having to have some tough conversations (keeping in mind Title IX issues). Need to be more selective on who we add in the short term and make sure they are a fit for the system rather than just amassing talent.

Looking at the numbers and it looks like the staff is going to have to make some tough decisions. The 2018 roster had 56 players and 5 redshirts - bringing the total to 51 active players (not sure if there were any non-freshman redshirts). That's a big number for a D1 program - but Syracuse typically carries one of the largest rosters. In 2017 they carried 52 (7 redshirts) and in 2016 they carried 51 (9 redshirts).

We lose only 5 seniors this year (Simmons, Madonna, Lane, Delisle, and Bomberry) bringing the total number coming back at 51 (unless I'm missing someone). That's a complete team for most programs.

Now we add 18 (so far) which brings the number up to 69 on the roster heading into next season.

The problem then repeats itself next year (11 graduating - 14 already committed).

Not sure if this is an issue that tends to work itself out with kids reading the writing on the wall or the staff having to have some tough conversations (keeping in mind Title IX issues). Need to be more selective on who we add in the short term and make sure they are a fit for the system rather than just amassing talent.
I hadn't looked at the numbers, but that is a lot. The 2018 roster includes a few guys who were surprises, like Jake Nelson (Not Connor Nelson), Connor Flanagan and Patrick Major. Were they walk ons who tried out and made the 2018 roster? There might be no guarantee that they make the 2019 roster. Same with Orazietti. In addition to those 4, I wouldn't be surprised to see a little attrition with redshirt juniors who have already graduated. SU has carried around 60 on the roster in the past, so I don't think they necessarily have to get down to 56.

Having coached in NJ for the last several years, and having a son that's played travel here for the past 3, I can say that NJ's future in terms of producing D1 talent is going to seriously escalate in coming years. Clubs that used to produce all the talent (Patriot, Leading Edge, Tri-State) are getting serious competition from, and in some cases have been surpassed by, clubs such as Building Blocks (BBL - Tyler Lawton, Cuse 2018), NJ Riot (Jack Kennedy at Cuse), STEPS and others. These clubs haven't had a lot of high-profile commits to date, but when their classes for 2021 and beyond start getting recruited, there will be a ton going to D1 (my prediction). I have had this conversation with several officials that have been involved with lax for a long time, and they are blown away by what the younger kids are capable of.

The growth of the game down here is unbelievable. I started a K-2 for our community a few years ago, and the registration numbers have skyrocketed.

Last edited:
Plenty of NJ talent on d1 rosters already but your point is correct. The usual hs names still tend to rule groups but more n more teams and regions are improving as the the talent pool is expanding. Football still king but opposite trends seems to be occurring in that sport especially at lower grades

2020 class looks very strong offensively. 2019 has the big name in Zawada. Recruiting looks very bright. You never know till they play their first games. However the 2017 class appears to me to be the start of something great.

2020 class looks very strong offensively. 2019 has the big name in Zawada. Recruiting looks very bright. You never know till they play their first games. However the 2017 class appears to me to be the start of something great.

Hopefully.18 class is a key to expanding and reinforcing a wide core. Coaches have had some good recent drafts in last couple of years. 15' not too shabby and 16' yielded Trimboli, Refhuss, Lipka, Dearth, Fiorini, Kennedy, DiPietro, Varello, Porter, Klan ,Strang to name a few. Winauskaus would have been icing on the 16" cake-class if he had stayed.

Meet the 2018 All-CNY boys lacrosse team

324_20180620dnallcnyboyslax2.jpeg