Recruiting 2019-2021 | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2019-2021

So you’ve heard about someone else then?

Yes, local LSM whose committed to a fairly well known program. Nothing overally concrete but heard SU had started to sniff around, this commit thought probably put and end to that.

Yes, local LSM whose committed to a fairly well known program. Nothing overally concrete but heard SU had started to sniff around, this commit thought probably put and end to that.
TH?

Overstock.com., plenty of good 19 and 20 lsm recruits coming in. Greater need to further restock attack. As far as present season, couple of fogos coming in next year but certainly could use a transfer to deepen options.

Overstock.com., plenty of good 19 and 20 lsm recruits coming in. Greater need to further restock attack. As far as present season, couple of fogos coming in next year but certainly could use a transfer to deepen options.

2 fogos next year and as you noted I wouldn't be surprised if we got a transfer. Varello and Phaup are also both back next year. We did get two new attack recruits after the deluge of decommits in the 2020 class. Keep an eye on Donnelly in that 2019 class under the radar attack recruit.

2 fogos next year and as you noted I wouldn't be surprised if we got a transfer. Varello and Phaup are also both back next year. We did get two new attack recruits after the deluge of decommits in the 2020 class. Keep an eye on Donnelly in that 2019 class under the radar attack recruit.
I've heard great things about Kline (2019 Commit) as a FOGO. Never seen him play but have had several people tell me that he is the real deal. Fingers Crossed!

I think he's actually a 2019 who hasn't signed yet, id rather not divulge the name but if you look at LSM's committed in the area I think you will figure it out fairly quickly.
Liverpool?

I've heard great things about Kline (2019 Commit) as a FOGO. Never seen him play but have had several people tell me that he is the real deal. Fingers Crossed!

The other recruit is Luke Talago. He was overshadowed a bit in his own area last year, as there were three seniors who went D1 as FOGOs. One went to High Point, another Monmouth. The third was Mike Sisselberger, the #1 FOGO recruit in the country.

He should be the clear #1 in his area this year. He’s a good athlete and has a great command of his exits.

I've heard good things about both guys for next year as well especially from someone I trust who saw one Talago in person so I am really hoping at least one works out. Losing both recruits in this class was a bummer to say the least.

"March 22: IMG Academy (Fla.) vs. Torrey Pines (Calif.)
This is an excellent addition for both programs that have put together daunting out of state schedules while turning into national powers. Senior midfielders like IMG’s JJ Levandowski (Syracuse) and the Falcons’ Michael Mines (Maryland) will highlight a battle of the athletes."

IMG also has Donnelly, Snider and Papa, and Torrey Pines has Erlbeck

Watching a replay of today’s UNC game. Nicky Solomon, Nate’s brother, looking pretty good. Did Cuse try to recruit him at all?

Watching a replay of today’s UNC game. Nicky Solomon, Nate’s brother, looking pretty good. Did Cuse try to recruit him at all?
He verballed to UNC prior to his 9th grade HS season.

Stud LB3 Attackman Nicky Solomon ’18 Will Become the Tar Heels’ First Recruit From The State of Georgia

Your brother, Nate, is headed to Syracuse next fall. Was it hard to turn down the opportunity to play with him for a year?

“The thought was intriguing but I really just wanted to carve my own path rather than follow in his footsteps. Syracuse was in the mix but I preferred schools like North Carolina and Ohio State and really just looked at those two the most.
It’s funny because he’s been a North Carolina fan his entire life while Syracuse has been the school I’ve always supported. We both have a ton of those schools’ gear and stuff like that so it works out nicely!”

Cool highlight video of IMG featuring goals from 4 of our IMG recruits. JJ Lewandowski, Drew Snyder, Sean Donnelly, and even Nick Papa all score some pretty nice goals. Worth checking out.

Cool highlight video of IMG featuring goals from 4 of our IMG recruits. JJ Lewandowski, Drew Snyder, Sean Donnelly, and even Nick Papa all score some pretty nice goals. Worth checking out.

Lewandowski and Donnelly have a chance to play right away next year especially Donnelly. Also interested to see if SU tries to move Lewandwoski to attack.

Lewandowski and Donnelly have a chance to play right away next year especially Donnelly. Also interested to see if SU tries to move Lewandwoski to attack.

It would be great if Donnelly could come in on day one and be our off-ball attack, but it will be hard to replicate what voigt has done this year right out of the gate, let alone replicate the instinctive connection that Voigt and Rehfuss seem to have. Replacing voigt may be our toughest task next year. Of our promising young attack options (Seebold, Cook, Nelson, Curry and other middies with potential move down) none of them have his level of offball skill and IQ. The option that comes the closest is Solomon who of course is also graduating. There is a spot wide open for Donnelly if he is up to the task.

Lewandowski looks slightly undersized but he clearly has above average speed and an incredible on the run shot. Would not be surprised if he cracks the second middie line. Haven't seen any film of him dodging from X but that would be great if it's something truly in his arsenal.

We have 2 starting close defenders graduating this year, so a couple positions open up there too. I think Grant Murphy might be in line for one of the spots. He has a little bit of Bomberry in him, so that might give him an edge. I wouldn't rule out Zach Lee. He is very highly regarded in Philadelphia and was a HS all american as a junior in a hot bed area.

We have 2 starting close defenders graduating this year, so a couple positions open up there too. I think Grant Murphy might be in line for one of the spots. He has a little bit of Bomberry in him, so that might give him an edge. I wouldn't rule out Zach Lee. He is very highly regarded in Philadelphia and was a HS all american as a junior in a hot bed area.

Staats is back from his knee injury as well, could fill right in for Bomberry.

Staats is back from his knee injury as well, could fill right in for Bomberry.
That's right! I forgot about Staats! SU has recruited defensemen pretty well. I hope there isn't a huge drop off on defense next year. I think with Porter and so many SSDMs back, plus Mellen limiting the opponent's top threat, that the defense will be solid.

Just to clarify, we all love Bomberry and know that he will be difficult to replace, right?