Brett Spallina, LSM, Mt Sinat, NY / Mt Sinai
Jake Spallina, M/FO, Mt Sinai, NY / Mt Sinai

*Has not signed NLI yet
+Transfer

Last edited:
Time to turn the page on last season.

Last year's thread is here:

CHUCK KUCZYNSKI '22

Named to UA Philadelphia Boys Highlight Div team.

Defense

VERBAL COMMITMENT:
Syracuse

LACROSSE ACCOLADES:
Under Armour All American 2019 Philly Command, NLF Top 40 Class of 2022 Rankings, EPC All League 1st Team Defense, NLF Futures 2022 Standout

POTENTIAL COLLEGE MAJOR:
Undecided

FAVORITE SUBJECT:
World Studies / Science

OTHER SPORTS PLAYED:
3 year varsity soccer starter for Allentown Central Catholic, Honorable Mention All League EPC defender.

ZACH FRIEDMAN '22

Named to UA Southwest Boys - Highlight Div team

Defense

VERBAL COMMITMENT:
Syracuse

LACROSSE ACCOLADES:
•Maverick Showtime Invitee – 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 •Under Armour All America Southwest Team – 2019, 2020 •National ALL STAR Mid America Region Team - 2020 •Captain of Ralston Valley High School Varsity Lacrosse Team – 2019, 2020, 2021 •Voted to the Ralston Valley Lacrosse Leadership Council – 2019, 2020, 2021 •Ralston Valley Mustang Award Varsity Lacrosse – 2019 •Selected as a Jeffco 5A 2nd Team All-Conference Defensemen – 2019 •All Star Game – Denver Shootout – 2019 •All Start Game – 2020 Division National Lacrosse Classic (as a 2022) – 2019 •All Start Game - FLG in 3d Lacrosse Tournament – 2019 •All Star Game – Maverick Showtime – 2018 •All Star Game - Vail Lacrosse Tournament – 2018 •3d National Team Camp – 2016, 2017, 2018 •Mad Dog National All-Academic Team – 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 •Mad Dog National Team – 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 •Legends National Team – 2018, 2019, 2020 •FCA Lacrosse National Team – 2018, Dukes National Team – 2018, Evolve Can-Am Team – 2018

POTENTIAL COLLEGE MAJOR:
Pre Med

FAVORITE SUBJECT:
Science

OTHER SPORTS PLAYED:
Football – Varsity QB / Safety – Leadership Team, Team Captain 2018, 2019, 2020 – All Conference 2020 Basketball – Team Captain 2018, 2019 – 2nd Team All-Conference 2021 Tennis – Varsity Starter – 2020 Soccer – Varsity Starter – 2021 5 Sport Varsity Starter during the 2020-2021 School year (Tennis, Football, Basketball, Soccer & Lacrosse)

It's easier just to post it here...

1625012877131.png

LUKE RHOA' 22

Named to UA Washington, DC Boys - Highlight Div

Mid-Field

VERBAL COMMITMENT:
Syracuse

LACROSSE ACCOLADES:
Under Armour National Champions 2019 & 2020.

Michael Leo did not play either. Hmm, wonder what happened with these two? If they had played, that Rebel team would’ve just been downright unfair lol.

Spallina did not play . My wife was one of the photographers for the event. View attachment 203318
Matteo Corsi

Link to pictures
I watched much of the Rebel-vs-Mint YouTube game. It looked like Corsi has good quickness, but had trouble finishing around the goal. Caccamo, Kelly, Kuczynski and McCool had some good moments. I didn't hear any other SU recruits mentioned.

EDIT: I stand corrected by Zack80 and illestcuse (below). The announcers did in fact also mention Sageder, who scored a goal, as well as Trujillo and Borges.

I think it was Borges, wearing number 9, who scored Team Rebel's first goal (at 1:43:25 of the the video). He is listed as number 9 on the Team Rebel roster, but the announcers erroneously said that goal was scored by Maxwell Fritz, a Penn commit. However, at 2:30:30 of the video, the announcers said "number 9 [Fritz] is not apparently the name on our roster." Also, the helmet that number 9 was wearing looks like Borges' helmet in this high school photo. That is a good thing, because number 9 made some very good plays in the game.

Last edited:
Blake Borges scored the first goal for team Rebel, took some face-offs as well. Aiden Kelly also scored a goal. Majority of the rest of the scoring was done by Duke and Rutgers commits. I am excited about the defense in the next couple of years, though. Caccamo, Sageder, Kuczynski, Trujillo, and McCool are all solid. McCool only let in one goal on a 1v1 off of a turnover. Just going to go out an a whim and say that McCool will be our starting goalie the moment he gets on the hill. It's almost like he's seeing a beach ball instead of a lacrosse ball; it's really quite impressive. One thing he does need to work on, though, is outlet passing. If he can outlet pass like Galloway did, he will be breaking some records, no doubt about it.

Blake Borges scored the first goal for team Rebel, took some face-offs as well. Aiden Kelly also scored a goal. Majority of the rest of the scoring was done by Duke and Rutgers commits. I am excited about the defense in the next couple of years, though. Caccamo, Sageder, Kuczynski, Trujillo, and McCool are all solid. McCool only let in one goal on a 1v1 off of a turnover. Just going to go out an a whim and say that McCool will be our starting goalie the moment he gets on the hill. It's almost like he's seeing a beach ball instead of a lacrosse ball; it's really quite impressive. One thing he does need to work on, though, is outlet passing. If he can outlet pass like Galloway did, he will be breaking some records, no doubt about it.

The game in question starts about 1 hour and 20 minutes into the below video.

CARTER KEMPNEY '22
Mid-Field

Named to UA Upstate New York Boys - Highlight Div

VERBAL COMMITMENT:
Syracuse University

LACROSSE ACCOLADES:
Summer of 2020: 5 Star recruit IL, 92/100 IL Evaluation, NAL Standout IL, The Main Stage Honorable Mention Ty Xanders, NXT All Star, Manney's Men Selection, NXT Philly Summer Showcase MVP, Apex 60 All Star

POTENTIAL COLLEGE MAJOR:
Business

FAVORITE SUBJECT:
Science

OTHER SPORTS PLAYED:
Football, Basketball

The game in question starts about 1 hour and 20 minutes into the below video.

Saw the game as well finally. Corsi looks really really good. Yes as Mareiniss said, he did struggle putting it in the cage but he just kind of seemed in his head on the finishes. That is where the negatives end. He looked like by far the most explosive athlete out there. I have seen him in other games make quick little moves but not necessarily stand out with his actual foot speed. This game he has both speed and quickness in spades. Also kept his head up nicely and had some quality feeds. Looked solid in the couple times he dodged from up top as well. Drew slides all over the place. Not sure he will see a ton of the field right out of the gate, but in the future he could be a matchup issue for other teams that gets the defense rotating. We will see how his outside shooting/finishing ability looks down the stretch, but that is a relatively better problem to have at this stage than being too slow to gain any separation as a dodger.

Defense did not need to do much as it was a pretty lopsided game. Caccamo was not really tested. Let a guy inside roll on him once but made up for it with a nice overhead check. He had a great moment in the game where he cleared the ball by himself and was sprinting/juking out guys with quite a bit of athleticism for his size. Trujillo looked very good as a short stick and is a gb machine, but is he too tiny for D1? Hard to say, but I like that we are going after guys who are devoted ssdms in high school.

Second picture is good to see. Corsi, Caccamo, Borges, Aiden Kelly and of course, Petro.

Here is a listing of 2023 recruit rankings:
I don't know how good it is.

Recognize a few names on that list, interested to see if Gait can continue the recruiting momentum Desko started last year. Jake Spallina will be fascinating, not sure he's nearly as big an SU fan as big brother.

Recognize a few names on that list, interested to see if Gait can continue the recruiting momentum Desko started last year. Jake Spallina will be fascinating, not sure he's nearly as big an SU fan as big brother.

Names I recognize - Millon, Delgado, Hoffman, Duffy, Spallina, Greenspan, Fyrock. No idea how good any of them are, but I’ve heard their names. Duffy starts for St. Anthony’s on attack and put up a bunch of points. Anxious to see if the Team 91 pipeline continues for the ‘23 class.

Posters on fanlax have theorized that Millon is set for Penn State, he seems to have a strong relationship with Grant Ament. A Hopkins poster has said Jake Spallina has an interest in the Blue Jays. Interesting to see how this all plays out.

Ty Xanders released his first wave of 2023 5-stars back in April:
2023 Recruiting: Announcing IL's First Wave of Five-Stars | Inside Lacrosse
McCabe Millon - #1 here
Tomas Delgado - #2
Leo Hoffman - #3
Mac Christmas - #4
Tucker Kellogg - #10
Caleb Fyock - # 20
Brett Koopman - #22
Chris Matia - # 36

Delgado's older brother is going to Michigan this fall.
Fyock's older brother is at Penn State.
#17 Ben Beacham's brother is going to Maryland this fall.
#19 Owen Dixon's brother is going to Loyola
#30 Joshua Kelly has brothers at UNC and UMd.

Names I recognize - Millon, Delgado, Hoffman, Duffy, Spallina, Greenspan, Fyrock. No idea how good any of them are, but I’ve heard their names. Duffy starts for St. Anthony’s on attack and put up a bunch of points. Anxious to see if the Team 91 pipeline continues for the ‘23 class.

Posters on fanlax have theorized that Millon is set for Penn State, he seems to have a strong relationship with Grant Ament. A Hopkins poster has said Jake Spallina has an interest in the Blue Jays. Interesting to see how this all plays out.
With Millon at McDonough, I don't see Penn State as the obvious choice. I think UVA or UNC will be top competitors for Millon, with UVA the likely destination.