Matt Wright+Oakville, ONHill AcademyLSMUNC
Class of 2024
Payton AndersonHopewell Jct, NYBrunswickA / MSigned
Drew AngeloHoneoye Falls, NYHoneoye Falls-LimaFOSigned
Vincent BologninoGreenlawn, NYHarborfieldsLSM
Brett Bucktooth, JrLafayette, NYLafayette-Onondaga /
W&M Prep
AttackSigned
Brayden FergusonRockville, MDBullis SchoolGoalieSigned ???
Matt McInteeEast Islip, NYEast IslipMidSigned
Owen O'FarrellNorth Kingstown, RIMoses BrownAttackSigned
Cameron RyanVictor, NYVictorDefenseSigned
Jack SchellLewes, DECape HenlopenMidSigned
Dillon StephensNew Canaan, CTNew CanaanDefenseSigned
Koby WhiteLake Mary, FLNew Hampton PrepMid
Class of 2025
Lucas BartlowBinghamton, NYChen ForksGoalie
Louis D’AgostinoHewlett, NYChaminadeDefense
Joe FilardiDix Hills, NYHalf Hollow WestDefense
Bogue HahnCatonsville, MDMcDonoughMid
Jayden KittlebergerRochester, NYSalisburySSDM
Jake MeyerBerkley Lake, GAWesleyanA/M
Braydon PikeRochester, NYHiltonMid

*Has not signed NLI yet
+Transfer

Last edited:
Curious to hear people’s opinion on the ‘23 and ‘24 classes. Seem to be lacking a top end attack who can initiate (Deere seems like a crease guy, Elite one at that). Lotta intriguing midfield prospects including McCarthy, Spallina, Anderson, McIntee. Feels like this current squad is missing a few “true middies” which those classes will add.

Curious to hear people’s opinion on the ‘23 and ‘24 classes. Seem to be lacking a top end attack who can initiate (Deere seems like a crease guy, Elite one at that). Lotta intriguing midfield prospects including McCarthy, Spallina, Anderson, McIntee. Feels like this current squad is missing a few “true middies” which those classes will add.
Do they really need a top end attack guy from the 23s? They’ve got five 22s playing all over as freshmen. As long as they dip back into the elite attack pool with the 24s and 25s, they’ll be fine.

I agree with Naz but think losing Finnell really hurts. Team could use an infusion of ultra athletic middies ASAP. Right now there are some really skilled guys, some big guys, and some athletes. Not sure if any are a blend of all three?

I agree with Naz but think losing Finnell really hurts. Team could use an infusion of ultra athletic middies ASAP. Right now there are some really skilled guys, some big guys, and some athletes. Not sure if any are a blend of all three?

McCarthy and Kellogg are two middies who could come in and compete right away and McCarthy brings that cannon shot that this offense could really use. Finnell is a good player but I don't know if he would have come in and been able to jump on the 1st line right away. I could actually see him playing attack at Duke.

Also if needed SU could hit the portal for a midfielder in the off-season. Kempney is gonna be a heck of a middie but he needs time to transition to this level.

McCarthy and Kellogg are two middies who could come in and compete right away and McCarthy brings that cannon shot that this offense could really use. Finnell is a good player but I don't know if he would have come in and been able to jump on the 1st line right away. I could actually see him playing attack at Duke.

Also if needed SU could hit the portal for a midfielder in the off-season. Kempney is gonna be a heck of a middie but he needs time to transition to this level.
I would like us to go really hard after Sam English.

I think Kellogg is the one with the reported 110 mph shot.

Yeah Kellogg is the kid with the big shot. I think he will be a player here. From a midfield standpoint I do think guys like Ja. Spallina, McCarthy, and Hottle (who reportedly is extremely shifty) have a good path to see the field next year. Only thing this offense seems to lack is top end speed. McCarthy and Hottle seem to have it.

I know it’s super far out but might anyone have a guess as to which position Jake Spallina will play? FO? O-Mid, D-Mid?

Yeah Kellogg is the kid with the big shot. I think he will be a player here. From a midfield standpoint I do think guys like Ja. Spallina, McCarthy, and Hottle (who reportedly is extremely shifty) have a good path to see the field next year. Only thing this offense seems to lack is top end speed. McCarthy and Hottle seem to have it.

I know it’s super far out but might anyone have a guess as to which position Jake Spallina will play? FO? O-Mid, D-Mid?

For all the talk of how young this years team is, the Orange will need to replace three rotation players on offense next year (Cook, Kirst and Simmons). I think either Birtwistle or Thomson takes Simmons place on attack but that still leaves three midfield spots open. Given that so many first year players are seeing time now, I’d give next years incoming group a pretty good chance at seeing playing time. I have to imagine (and hope) that they bring in a high impact transfer as well.

As for Spallina, in the Mt Sinai games I saw last year I believe he was strictly an offensive midfielder. I don’t recall him taking many, if any, faceoffs. Maybe that changes since their number one guy has since graduated. I could see him switch over to defense if the depth chart on offense is already full.

I really like McCarthy’s game. Very fast with a big shot and seems pretty fearless between the lines.

Jake Spallina strikes me as a jack-of-all-trades master of none kind of player. Insanely valuable at lower levels, but as you rise higher and higher, elite traits are more important. I don't think he's good enough at face-offs to compete with the elite D1 technicians. Good offensive player, but again not on the level of guys like Michael Leo or Luke Rhoa IMO. I think his best path to playing time is as a d-mid; he's great on ground balls, tough as nails, and will give 110% every moment he's on the field.

For all the talk of how young this years team is, the Orange will need to replace three rotation players on offense next year (Cook, Kirst and Simmons). I think either Birtwistle or Thomson takes Simmons place on attack but that still leaves three midfield spots open. Given that so many first year players are seeing time now, I’d give next years incoming group a pretty good chance at seeing playing time. I have to imagine (and hope) that they bring in a high impact transfer as well.

As for Spallina, in the Mt Sinai games I saw last year I believe he was strictly an offensive midfielder. I don’t recall him taking many, if any, faceoffs. Maybe that changes since their number one guy has since graduated. I could see him switch over to defense if the depth chart on offense is already full.

I really like McCarthy’s game. Very fast with a big shot and seems pretty fearless between the lines.
Why not Deere at attack Hiltz and Joey?

Kellogg will remind some of us of michael Springer absolute bomb of a shot ok dodger but will be great with this group. I have seen Jake Spallina and Tyler McCarthy with their club teams a good amount and Jake some with his HS team last few years Jake did not face off much w HS team because he was their top two way midfielder and never came off the field had I believe 40 goals and they had another quality fogo On their Hs team. On his club team which is one of if not the best teams in that age he takes most of the face offs And is one of the top 10 FO in that class he is also am elite midfielder with great speed and compete. McCarthy has incredible speed as well a great stick and is also that type of two way midfielder McCarty offensive game is excellent. Spallina and McCarthy are the types of two ways we lack
Hottle is very small but tough and so shifty will be fun to see how he translates

Why not Deere at attack Hiltz and Joey?

Certainly could happen. I always think of an attack line having a player at x, and a righty and a lefty. With Spallina at x and Hiltz on the left, I think they’d be better balanced with another righty. Thomson and Birtwistle are both righties and natural attackmen.

Duke has seemingly figured out how to have two lefties (neither an x attackman) play together this year but I think they’ve had to do that out of necessity.

Deere could play the crease in these situations, but that’s a spot already taken by Birtwsitle. In the end I think it’s a matter of who they want on the field at all times, and by the looks of it I think that guy will be Thomson.

Hottle vs Scott
Just started watching .. Hottle scores at about 30 min in
Thanks for positing. Hottle looked good. Very quick and was able to get consistent separation.

Really liked Jermaine Anderson '25 LSM for Calvert Hall. He was all over the field, multiple CTs and a goal in transition. Very fast.

Last edited:
Anybody know anything about this Irondequoit kid? He plays for Sweetlax and is currently sitting at 92% after two games this year. He’s won 220 faceoffs in his career and he led the team in scoring (3-1) against Penfield yesterday.