2 RB
4 WR
2 TE
3 OL
3 DT
3 LB
4 CB
2 S
I tend to agree with this, but it also depends on where some players in the class of 2015 wind up in terms of RB vs DB.

so, what are your thoughts on the 2016 breakdown? Mine below:

2 QB
3 RB
3 WR
4 DB
1 TE
4 LB
4 DL
4 OL

I don't see us taking 3 RB because we just took 3 in this past class, and Morris and McFarlane have 2 years of eligibility left. Even with Erv sliding over to the slot, that still gives us 7 RB's heading into the 2016 season. I think 2 is a really solid number though with the guys we are recruiting for 2016.

We lose Broyld and Funderburk at WR after the 2015 season, and everyone else is back. Because the offense is transitioning more to what sounds like a 2 TE set, I don't think mass quantities of WR's are really going to be necessary. I think we would get by just fine with 3 WR's. WR and TE are probably the hardest to call in this upcoming class because of Enoicy and Custis, where they end up ultimately will drive which position gets recruited more heavily. If they stay at WR, I could easily see us taking 2 TE's. So I think WR/TE is pretty fluid and probably tough to call at this point, but my guess is that we take 5 between the two positions.

I think the rest you have is spot on, other than I could see maybe 1 DL become a DB since we have clear depth needs there, especially if we have an opportunity to recruit a lot of talent at the position.

And on a side note, I feel that CB is by far the most important position from a recruiting perspective. I'm not convinced that Blair, Frederick or Ellison from this past class end up at CB. I can see all 3 being safeties.

2 QB - Lose Hunt, only 3 left on roster
2 RB - Lose 2, only 3 left on roster, need to restock
3 WR - Lose 4, only 6 left on roster, should have 9 or 10
1 TE - Lose 1, but 4 on roster
5 OL - Could lose up to 6 OL
2 DT - Lose 4 DT/NT
2 DE - Lose 2, add 2 and keep about 8 on the roster
2 LB - Lose 2, still 8 on the roster
4 CB - Lose 2, position is thin and depth chart unsettled
1 S - No losses
1 P - Lose Dixon, need a punter

I don't think we lose any running backs, McFarlane and Morris are both Juniors.

2 QB - Lose Hunt, only 3 left on roster
2 RB - Lose 2, only 3 left on roster, need to restock
3 WR - Lose 4, only 6 left on roster, should have 9 or 10
1 TE - Lose 1, but 4 on roster
5 OL - Could lose up to 6 OL
2 DT - Lose 4 DT/NT
2 DE - Lose 2, add 2 and keep about 8 on the roster
2 LB - Lose 2, still 8 on the roster
4 CB - Lose 2, position is thin and depth chart unsettled
1 S - No losses
1 P - Lose Dixon, need a punter

I was too lazy to compile the attrition report, so thanks! Everything on here is correct except for the RBs because Morris and MacFarlane will both only be redshirt juniors this year.

I really want to see us focus on CBs and WRs, so basically athletes.

I spent some time today updating the2016 recruiting data base on the site and noticed that there are quite a few WRs and QBs who have been offered.

First have to identify the seniors and breakdown the depth at each and talent at each position.

eyes closed right now I see :

QB - 2
RB - 1
WR - 3
HBack/TE - 1
OL - 5
DT - 3
DE - 0
LB - 0
DB - 5

Have to think the next class will trend heavily towards offense. How many current players will be out of eligibility after the 2015 season? We're stocked at LB talent and eligibility wise so don't see us going there unless it's someone we feel is truly elite. The lines between dt/de and wr/te are a bit blurry since we have been getting guys who can play either. Will be interesting to see if those tall athletic guys bulk up or if they add lean muscle mass and focus on speed.

We need 2 qb's, at least 3 ol, 2 speed wr that can peel the top off a defense, 2 cover corners, and 2 bigs that can anchor the d line behind this years class. Aside from that we'll have to see if anyone doesn't qualify, where current players line up, and who steps up to own positions this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom