Recruiting coordinator Eric White... | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting coordinator Eric White...

Jake

Mod
What a great flipping article. I love the the whole concept of going very young, with a full on social media assault. Sounds like a focussed, hard working SOB.

The approach to recruiting from last year to this year is a complete 180.

Love it, love it, love it.

Connect with 17 year old kids on their medium...and use it creatively to build excitement of the fan base.

"Moooooowwwwwtown!"

What a great tweet that said a lot without violating any rules. I am an unabashed twitter fan...love that social media platform.

Wait, you mean kids like it if you talk with them about the things they like, instead of making fun of that stuff?

Sounds like he won't be here long.

Well if his ultimate goal is NFL GM, he will still be here a few years. he needs to show consistent success at finding and bringing in players here, before an NFL FO will give him a shot as a low level scout. Allowing him to work his way up.

Then again maybe he finds he really loves the college game, and is content to stick around here for a long time.

What a great story.

As an aside, the next time we get one of those odious "kids today! get off my lawn!" threads, please remember... this is one of those kids.

Twitter is a fad.

Who can say. He came here from Arkansas with GMacDonald and it sounded like we were his first 'real' gig. Office and fat pay check. So who knows, maybe he'll stick for awhile.

For clarity Eric White is the Director of Recruiting Operations and Tim Lester is the Recruiting Coordinator.

Who can say. He came here from Arkansas with GMacDonald and it sounded like we were his first 'real' gig. Office and fat pay check. So who knows, maybe he'll stick for awhile.

No idea obviously. I just hope a lot of what he introduces into SU"s culture will rub off, and stick around for the next guy. He's young, he's motivated, he's mobile. When some bigger school calls, with a better gig, there is a good chance he will try his hand.

But he sets a precedent. If/when he leaves, hire another one. How many 23 year olds wouldn't kill for this job?

I can tell you this 20 year old would kill for that job..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom