Recruiting Dead Period Ends June 1, 2021 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Dead Period Ends June 1, 2021

Without it, these kids would be getting calls 24/7 from coaches.
Aren't there better ways to combat this rather than a lengthy dead period? If it's the 24/7 that's the problem, have "quiet hours, such as no contact between midnight ET and 8 am? Or, no contact after the 23/24th of each month(or some other date)?

Aren't there better ways to combat this rather than a lengthy dead period? If it's the 24/7 that's the problem, have "quiet hours, such as no contact between midnight ET and 8 am? Or, no contact after the 23/24th of each month(or some other date)?
There is probably more to it than just what I said, but I think it’s best for there to be restrictions to allow these kids to live normal lives as much as possible.

There is probably more to it than just what I said, but I think it’s best for there to be restrictions to allow these kids to live normal lives as much as possible.
There are a lot of rules to provide normalcy for both the student athlete and coaches.

Have you ever read the recruiting calendar thread?

This is just part of the NCAA rules for recruitment which also include what type of recruiting material or contact can be done between a school and prospect depending on what year in HS they are.

On one hand I understand. On the other hand, I don't get it at all

on no hands do I understand. My kid is a 2021 and he’s devastated. Everything he’s worked towards for 6/7 years the ncaa has crushed. There’s effectively been no scouting by coaches since this past April. No season, no summer ball, no camps, few if any showcases (with no coaches except for D3). And if you’re an athlete in NY, forget it, complete cluster f because of cuomo.

That football recruit is pissed and he’s committed to ND, imagine that.

In a corresponding move, the NCAA moved to allow all coaches, “full-time school staff members” and even current students to participate in recruiting calls without countable coaches being present. So players, GAs, analysts and QCs are to dial away. “This flexibility, proposed by the Football Oversight Committee, includes volunteer coaches in the Football Championship Subdivision,” the release added.

Recommendation to Extend the Temporary Recruiting Dead Period. The Football Oversight Committee recommends that the NCAA Division I Council extend the temporary recruiting dead period through May 31 due to ongoing uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and concern regarding in-person interaction among prospective student-athletes, institutional staff and student-athletes The Football Oversight Committee requests that the Division I Council extend the dead period at its February meeting to provide adequate notice to the membership regarding permissible recruiting activities for the remainder of the spring 2021 academic term. The Football Oversight Committee will engage in further discussions regarding the recruiting calendar at upcoming meetings.

HS kids right now are getting hosed from all sides.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom