Recruiting | Georgia #1 in$ | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting | Georgia #1 in$

Interesting article. I'm assuming the Knight-Newhouse Data project at Syracuse University knows to some degree what Syracuse is spending here.

A couple things popped out to me:

Georgia staff members traveled on some 140 charter flights that totaled $850,610 during fiscal year 2019. Another $83,260 was spent on helicopters.

“Guys, if you don't recruit, there's no coach out there that can out-coach recruiting,” Smart said after beating Florida in 2021. “I don't care who you are. … My family sacrifices so that I can go and spend time with other people's families so that we have good players. It's 25 percent evaluation, it's 50 percent recruiting and another 25 percent coaching. But if you don't recruit guys, you don't have a chance.”

Florida has beefed up its football support staff under coach Billy Napier. It spent $1.64 million on football recruiting in 2022, up from $1.27 million in 2019. Its football support staff pay total for 2022 was $7.3 million; its previous high for this category was $4.7 million in 2018.

Georgia listed 73 people on its football support staff in its College Football Playoff national championship media guide. Of those, six had recruiting in their titles.

Not listed are other recruiting staffers who pitch in to keep the talent acquisition rolling.

Now add in the NIL figures.

Interesting article. I'm assuming the Knight-Newhouse Data project at Syracuse University knows to some degree what Syracuse is spending here.
Unlikely. The database only has records to public institutions - and Dino ain’t doing nobody no favors when pulling back the curtain.

The flying private part is the biggest advantage that there is. To never have to go to a regular airport and go through all that. They can visit so many more kids.

Calipari once visited 5 kids in a day because he used a jet. It’s this type of thing that matters when trying to close the deal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom