Recruiting is a huge problem right now... | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting is a huge problem right now...

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
This roster needs a full makeover, yet we we have one commitment for next year.

Next year, we will still have 3 guards that have proven they are not good enough to win at this level together.

Richmond could get better, but does anyone truly believe he's going to play any more than 20 minutes per game with Girard/Buddy as options? I have seen no signs of that being true.

The center position is losing the starting player at that position, who really isn't a center. The other three (THREE!) guys at the position have either not played, are hurt, or the head coach refuses to play. It's going to be a crapshoot next year at that position.

The forward position should be fine. But if Guerrier leaves, you have an undersized forward at one starter and a true freshman at the other. I think Benny is really good, but even the best forwards not named Carmelo Anthony have taken a year to develop at the collegiate level. Demetris Nichols took two years before he was a good starter. He was the #27 overall recruit his year. Benny is right in that range.

We are in a load of trouble as a program.

Ehh this is an overreaction. We aren't winning the ACC anytime soon, but let Kadary grow and he will be fine. The talent isn't so much the problem as is the coaching.

Ehh this is an overreaction. We aren't winning the ACC anytime soon, but let Kadary grow and he will be fine. The talent isn't so much the problem as is the coaching.
Overreacting? There needs to significant pressure applied. No one should be immune from being shown the door when you don’t produce . People get fired everyday

I kind of disagree with this as well. I think next year our guards will be better as they get older n stronger and have a full real offseason but we need better coaching. Buddy cannot keep playing the mins he does and shot selection needs to drastically improve. I also hate to say this but I think Marek could be addition by subtraction. I just have been underwhelmed with him this year. I keep waiting for the light to go on but it just seems like he leaves you wanting more. Also I don’t think Q will leave for the NBA. He is an undersized 4 and as he proved tonight had trouble scoring with a bigger guy on him. He’s improved this year but is not a finished product by any means. I don’t really see him creating for himself yet, he doesn’t have any sort of step back jumper or off the dribble jumper and his handle isn’t great. All can be improved, I just hope he does it here rather than the h league or Europe.

Lastly, I think people are forgetting about the new transfer rule. I think we will utilize that as well to land someone.

Next year, we will still have 3 guards that have proven they are not good enough to win at this level together.

Richmond could get better, but does anyone truly believe he's going to play any more than 20 minutes per game with Girard/Buddy as options? I have seen no signs of that being true.

The center position is losing the starting player at that position, who really isn't a center. The other three (THREE!) guys at the position have either not played, are hurt, or the head coach refuses to play. It's going to be a crapshoot next year at that position.

The forward position should be fine. But if Guerrier leaves, you have an undersized forward at one starter and a true freshman at the other. I think Benny is really good, but even the best forwards not named Carmelo Anthony have taken a year to develop at the collegiate level. Demetris Nichols took two years before he was a good starter. He was the #27 overall recruit his year. Benny is right in that range.

Since Buddy committed, Jim has only recruited JG and Brycen as guys that could potentially take minutes from Buddy. JG got annoited as a PG because Carey flamed out and BG is off to PC. Any other player performing at this level would get recruited over or at least have his minutes slashed by guys currently on the roster, A Griffen would normally take minutes at the 2 spot. But his favoritism will contain to limit the potential of this team. Looks like he wants to go with only 3 guards again next year because he thinks Buddy is superstar level. You think other coaches, Nate Oates, Chris Beard wouldnt try to bring in more talent to compete on their roster? But JB has become complacent, its too bad.

I miss the combination of intimidation and skilled multi dimensional players, we havent had either combined in many years. Brand has lost its identity

Overreacting? There needs to significant pressure applied. No one should be immune from being shown the door when you don’t produce . People get fired everyday

We could get multiple 5 stars and we still aren’t beating Virginia and probably UNC. Our problem is with how we teach and show our kids how to play basketball.

I haven't checked out of this year yet, because although this was a tough loss, this team is going to be tough to beat for just about anyone. However, a look ahead to next year may be in order. A core of Q, Kadary and Benny is a hell of a start. Sprinkle in JGIII and Buddy in their natural roles, sharing minutes in the backcourt. Then the forwards, Woody and Bras are a nice substitutions for the all league starters. At center, I say it is Frank starting with Jesse backing him up. That is a nice squad. But, who knows, they could all leave, before next year.

I kind of disagree with this as well. I think next year our guards will be better as they get older n stronger and have a full real offseason but we need better coaching. Buddy cannot keep playing the mins he does and shot selection needs to drastically improve.

Lastly, I think people are forgetting about the new transfer rule. I think we will utilize that as well to land someone.
We won’t get a guard to transfer in here to sit on the bench behind Joe & Buddy.
Not gonna happen. Unfortunately

We could get multiple 5 stars and we still aren’t beating Virginia and probably UNC. Our problem is with how we teach and show our kids how to play basketball.
You mean Virginia and Fsu. Unc isn't exactly lighting the world on fire.

Everybody comes back next year add in Benny. We will be Top 25. How many losses do we have this year with a full healthy roster so far ?

Frank’s a center and can play. But there’s other stuff going on. Going to be hard to hang onto Bol, Bras and Jesse

Frank’s a center and can play. But there’s other stuff going on. Going to be hard to hang onto Bol, Bras and Jesse
Bras could be a solid contributor at an A10 school. Best case for him next season if he stays is probably the 4th forward to start the season. Maybe third but I doubt it.

Seems like we’re gonna need to hit the portal for a center though.

”every player that can come back will definitely come back, not NBA ready” - Syracusefan.com for the past 20 years

How bout we stop pushing non NBA ready players on our team to leave for once. Quincy is not going anywhere he will be back.

I kind of disagree with this as well. I think next year our guards will be better as they get older n stronger and have a full real offseason but we need better coaching. Buddy cannot keep playing the mins he does and shot selection needs to drastically improve. I also hate to say this but I think Marek could be addition by subtraction. I just have been underwhelmed with him this year. I keep waiting for the light to go on but it just seems like he leaves you wanting more. Also I don’t think Q will leave for the NBA. He is an undersized 4 and as he proved tonight had trouble scoring with a bigger guy on him. He’s improved this year but is not a finished product by any means. I don’t really see him creating for himself yet, he doesn’t have any sort of step back jumper or off the dribble jumper and his handle isn’t great. All can be improved, I just hope he does it here rather than the h league or Europe.

Sure. Next year Joe will be a 5'9 260 pound ball of fire.
Buddy will miss half the season with a severe case of " coon dog elbow".
Kadary will be starting for Uconn.

I haven't checked out of this year yet, because although this was a tough loss, this team is going to be tough to beat for just about anyone. However, a look ahead to next year may be in order. A core of Q, Kadary and Benny is a hell of a start. Sprinkle in JGIII and Buddy in their natural roles, sharing minutes in the backcourt. Then the forwards, Woody and Bras are a nice substitutions for the all league starters. At center, I say it is Frank starting with Jesse backing him up. That is a nice squad. But, who knows, they could all leave, before next year.
Buddy is never going to share minutes with anyone.

Don’t understand the need to recruit better thing when playing against a team like UVA. They have 3 star players all over their roster. Yet they are better coached, develop better and have a better system. Look at how much Huff has improved year to year. This type of game has nothing to do with recruits. In actuality UVA has less

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom