Recruiting Ridiculosity at USC | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Ridiculosity at USC

Do coaches still use the mantra “commit to the school, not the coach”. I always felt that line was a bit of a cop out. I truly think kids commit to both. Probably a little more coach than school. I could see it being more about the school during coaching changes for sophomore, juniors, seniors.

As long as they don't waive the one year transfer rule then whatever.

As long as they don't waive the one year transfer rule then whatever.
Why. There should be no requirement to sit out if you transfer out of season. It's a BS plantation mentality

If the coach can leave to further his career and better his life, the kid can leave to further his career and better his life.

There are over one thousand kids who play major college football.

It would be ridiculous to allow free movement of that many players.

There must be some measure of stability.

I have no problem with the present transfer rules.

Last edited:
There are over one thousand kids who play major college football.

It would be ridiculous to allow free movement of that many players.

There must be measure of stability.

I have no problem with the present transfer rules.

Agree, I just don't think it can become the wild west.

And in this case, we're not talking about a head coach, it was an assistant who came and went.

If people really want open chaos since there's so much money involved now, then get rid of the NCAA, stop giving scholarships, and then just pay the players.

In 5 years the sport would look nothing like it currently does. It would become a league with about 24 teams.

Why. There should be no requirement to sit out if you transfer out of season. It's a BS plantation mentality
I don't disagree on the face of it, but don't you think it would be chaotic if players were able to reevaluate and jump ship every year without a barrier to movement? There'd be no program continuity - a new team every year when there's already an abundance of attrition. Coaches would be constantly tampering/enticing players to join their program and doing likewise with those they want to stay put. In other words non-stop recruiting.
I think the one year interregnum is a necessary evil, instrumental in preserving what's left of the integrity of the game.
And I recognize coaches are free to come and go as it benefits them. But the game is on the field and about players. It's not on the sidelines.
W/o the transfer one year penalty box rule, it would be musical chairs every season.

Disagree. We need the requirement. The football factories often overlook kids who then bloom at schools like SU. What would keep a player from running to 'Bama when Nick Saban whistled?

There was a bball recruit who this happened to last year. Think nc state or maybe ohio state were involved. Cant recall the outcome but i think he transferred after one class or one week of classes

Good for the kid.

Yup, good for the kid. These kids should do whatever they can to get out of situations that blow upbin their face. i have always been pro school and that a kid commits to a school and end of story however, in the last few years, these coaches bail and don't give a about these kids . It's filthy, and filthy from both sides, so if a kid has an out after a dumpster fire like USC...then AWESOME.

They can transfer. They can earn a full scholarship. They can continue their academic studies. (Wink, Wink) Or they can go play professional football. There is no Right to play college football. FTR, I’m okay with putting restrictions on coaches too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom