Class of 2016 - Recruiting & Scholarships | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Recruiting & Scholarships

Finwad32

Hall of Fame
I currently have 17 scholarship players that must move on after the 2015 Season.

1 QB - T. Hunt
0 RB -
0 TE -
2 WR - A. Broyld & Q. Funderburk
2 OT - I. Foy & M. Lasker
2 OG - N. Robinson & R. Trudo
2 NT - Wayne Williams & John Raymon
1 DT - R. Sloan
1 DE - D. Simmons
2 LB - L. Arciniega & O. Vigille
2 DB - J. Whigham & W. Morgan
1 K - Ryan Norton
1 P - R. Dixon

Non Scholarship Sr's:
1) Eric Jackson - CB
2) Rony Charles - DL
3) A. Hodgkinson - K
4) Hernz Laguerre - LB
5) K. Mitsuuchi - LS
6) Seamus Shanley - OG
7) Taylor Hindy - OL
8) Jacob Green - TE

I would expect in the next recruiting class: 19 players with the possibility of 21 if we can backdate 2. Obviously, this is with no attrition, It's typical in any year to lose 2-3 for whatever variety of reasons. This would move that number closer to 25. The 2012 class had 22 commits, so this makes sense.

1 QB
1 RB
1 TE
2 WR
3 OL
3 DL
2 LB
3 DB
________

That's 16 that I think are essential numbers for position groups with another 3-5 to play with where they have a talent deficiency or unplanned attrition.

Interested to see where they put the excess numbers? My hope is that we receive some additional secondary help. Possibly multiple QB's. And keep stocking the pantry with Lineman, can never have enough.

Outside of QB's, the only wish I have for the class is that they go after a couple WR's who are just plain fast as hell. We're OK in the "big" department. How about a couple guys who can stretch the field and make the safeties nervous. Guys who can also return kicks. I would take a speed burning "2- or 3-star guy" over a "4-star" bigger, possession guy in a heartbeat.

javadoc said:
Outside of QB's, the only wish I have for the class is that they go after a couple WR's who are just plain fast as hell. We're OK in the "big" department. How about a couple guys who can stretch the field and make the safeties nervous. Guys who can also return kicks. I would take a speed burning "2- or 3-star guy" over a "4-star" bigger, possession guy in a heartbeat.

Like Phillips and Estime? Yes, please.

I currently have 17 scholarship players that must move on after the 2015 Season.

1 QB - T. Hunt
0 RB -
0 TE -
1 DT - R. Sloan
1 DE - D. Simmons
1 K - Ryan Norton
1 P - R. Dixon

Non Scholarship Sr's:
1) Eric Jackson - CB
2) Rony Charles - DL
3) A. Hodgkinson - K
4) Hernz Laguerre - LB
5) K. Mitsuuchi - LS
6) Seamus Shanley - OG
7) Taylor Hindy - OL
8) Jacob Green - TE

I would expect in the next recruiting class: 19 players with the possibility of 21 if we can backdate 2. Obviously, this is with no attrition, It's typical in any year to lose 2-3 for whatever variety of reasons. This would move that number closer to 25. The 2012 class had 22 commits, so this makes sense.

1 QB
1 RB
1 TE
2 WR
3 OL
3 DL
2 LB
3 DB
________

That's 16 that I think are essential numbers for position groups with another 3-5 to play with where they have a talent deficiency or unplanned attrition.

Interested to see where they put the excess numbers? My hope is that we receive some additional secondary help. Possibly multiple QB's. And keep stocking the pantry with Lineman, can never have enough.

Seems like the best place to start this convo. With Womack in, do we take 2 QB's in 2016?

I always thought that 2016 would be a 2 QB class, but now with Womack in the fold, think we might be back to one. Although if we take 2 in 2016 we would be at 6 scholly QB's (not sure what number the staff wants).

This could be a fascinating year, as it seems we are in good shape with Brotzki while there is a very outside shot that Haskins could be in.

Seems like the best place to start this convo. With Womack in, do we take 2 QB's in 2016?

I always thought that 2016 would be a 2 QB class, but now with Womack in the fold, think we might be back to one. Although if we take 2 in 2016 we would be at 6 scholly QB's (not sure what number the staff wants).

This could be a fascinating year, as it seems we are in good shape with Brotzki while there is a very outside shot that Haskins could be in.

Good thoughts..

I would think that they will definitely grab 1 and possibly 2 if it's somebody that they really like.

If we were to take 2, there'd be 7 QB's on scholarship in 2016, that's alot.

This is all contingent on no attrition and Womack remaining at QB. If they decide he looks better somewhere else, say WR, then I would anticipate 2 QB's. I think 5-6 on scholarship is a healthy number, 5 probably being ideal.

1 QB - T. Hunt
0 RB -
0 TE -
1 DT - R. Sloan
1 DE - D. Simmons
1 K - Ryan Norton
1 P - R. Dixon

Non Scholarship Sr's:
1) Eric Jackson - CB
2) Rony Charles - DL
3) A. Hodgkinson - K
4) Hernz Laguerre - LB
5) K. Mitsuuchi - LS
6) Seamus Shanley - OG
7) Taylor Hindy - OL
8) Jacob Green - TE

1 QB
1 RB
1 TE
2 WR
3 OL
3 DL
2 LB
3 DB
________

I know you already know this, but there will be at least 10 unexpected attrition losses during / following next season.

A player or two will get injured and hang 'em up. A player or two will transfer out. A player or two will have academic issues. Someone will get kicked off of the team. A recruit won't make the grades, or have something weird happen a la Edouard and not show up. Etc. Happens every year, and will happen [in no particular combination] every off season. So while we might only be graduating 17, I'd be absolutely shocked if we aren't easily able to accommodate 25 recruits for the class of 2016. Especially given that they might be able to backfill a recruit or two.

If my memory serves me right Wayne Morgan will have anther year of eligibility at the end of the year when he applies for a medical redshirt for this past season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom