Class of 2016 - Recruiting sites | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Recruiting sites

Orangepace

2018 Cali Winner: Tackles
Which recruiting sites do you all think is best and which ones do you consider better than others in certain aspects of recruiting?

Sc0ut - long time member there. They do the best job with basketball rankings and for us are usually the first to story with breaking info. That said, I think they get a significant number of leads from here.

R1vals - long timer there as well. R1vals seems to be the most respected when ranking football recruits. The Cuse premium membership is severely lacking as stories are usually well behind sc0ut.

ESPN - ESPN seems to have the best coverage with regards to tv, but they seem as if they cobble together info from all the sites for their own list. Seems to be getting better, but not sold.

247 - ? Not sure about this. Not a member, but see articles linked from time to time.

Orangeyes- simply the best, but no rankings.

Others?

I don't count on any sites with regard to talent evaluation. I think they are basically "taillights" and "assessments" are based on who is interested or who they committed to. I do find the list of offers to be somewhat valuable though...but I really can't say how accurate they are. Like most dopes, I just go with it.

for cuse coverage hard to beat sc0ut. two dedicated writers + part timer garcia.

No site knows anything about football recruiting rankings-wise. Scout definitely puts out the best articles, though.

No site knows anything about football recruiting rankings-wise. Scout definitely puts out the best articles, though.

I'll say this. For the most part, at least ESPN includes written evaluations to justify the rankings that they give. If they don't evaluate a player, he gets an NR. Regardless of whether you agree with their evaluation, at least they do that. The other two sites do not.

Scout has the best site writers and volume of articles, in my opinion. Their recruiting rankings leave a lot to be desired though. I wish that they'd put the level of diligence that ESPN Scouts Inc does into their recruiting rankings and adopt a similar system, then Scout would be the best of both worlds.

I'll say this. For the most part, at least ESPN includes written evaluations to justify the rankings that they give. If they don't evaluate a player, he gets an NR. Regardless of whether you agree with their evaluation, at least they do that. The other two sites do not.

Scout has the best site writers and volume of articles, in my opinion. Their recruiting rankings leave a lot to be desired though. I wish that they'd put the level of diligence that ESPN Scouts Inc does into their recruiting rankings and adopt a similar system, then Scout would be the best of both worlds.
No matter what you do, there is no way you can be thorough enough to rank thousands of kids that play at completely different levels in different states, with different rules. It's impossible. I think once a prospect commits to a school they should be evaluated. No reason to do so sooner.

No matter what you do, there is no way you can be thorough enough to rank thousands of kids that play at completely different levels in different states, with different rules. It's impossible. I think once a prospect commits to a school they should be evaluated. No reason to do so sooner.
Thanks I disagree though.

There are sites that do better than the rest. I was asking who's BETTER!

Which recruiting sites do you all think is best and which ones do you consider better than others in certain aspects of recruiting?

Sc0ut - long time member there. They do the best job with basketball rankings and for us are usually the first to story with breaking info. That said, I think they get a significant number of leads from here.

R1vals - long timer there as well. R1vals seems to be the most respected when ranking football recruits. The Cuse premium membership is severely lacking as stories are usually well behind sc0ut.

ESPN - ESPN seems to have the best coverage with regards to tv, but they seem as if they cobble together info from all the sites for their own list. Seems to be getting better, but not sold.

247 - ? Not sure about this. Not a member, but see articles linked from time to time.

Orangeyes- simply the best, but no rankings.

Others?
I personally love the preseason recruiting magazines My favorite wasd Super Prep but apparently it went belly up. I have to find a replacement. Any suggestions. Anyone have
Prepstar? I may give it a shot Lemming has a magazine but seems to reallymiss on kids we are looking at. I'm not sure if its an indictment of our prospects or what but he is one of the few games intown. now.

When Matt was writing for the premium side on TOS, he was definitely the best. He wasn't technically ranking players per se but he told you straight up if we were getting a good player or if he thought the player needed a lot of work. Pretty much read his analysis and there is your ranking.

The reality is were not going to get 5 star players, or 4 star players. At least either of those on a regular basis, so for me a ranking is less important than getting feedback and analysis from someone who knows what they're talking about.

I really really wish we could get matt or someone similar back on our site for a fee. Was my absolute favorite part of being on here, it was like christmas every time Matt posted a new article. When he posted 4 - 5 at a time, it was like heaven.

if you're going to disagree, what's your reasoning?
With all of the competitions and such, camps, 7-on-7's, etc, they should be able to put a reasonable ranking together, which I believe they do.

With all of the competitions and such, camps, 7-on-7's, etc, they should be able to put a reasonable ranking together, which I believe they do.
Like I said, you will be able to figure out who the top 100 or so recruits are. After that, you can't even begin to compare guys, they know this so they rank based on subscriber base of the school that they committed too. Hence why Nduka Onyeali went from a low 3 to a 4 star when USC showed interest. Those fans don't care if a 3 star is looking but a 4 star will pique their interest and get more people to subscribe

Like I said, you will be able to figure out who the top 100 or so recruits are. After that, you can't even begin to compare guys, they know this so they rank based on subscriber base of the school that they committed too. Hence why Nduka Onyeali went from a low 3 to a 4 star when USC showed interest. Those fans don't care if a 3 star is looking but a 4 star will pique their interest and get more people to subscribe
Makes sense

One thing regarding the recruiting sites... PLEASE MOVE US TO THE ACC TEAMS SECTION... We are NO LONGER a Big East school and represent ourselves as such!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom