Recruiting through the portal | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting through the portal

SBU72

All Conference
If so many people are down on SU's recent recruiting, what makes them think that SU will pick up better players than the ones leaving? Especially trying to integrate new players into the zone. At least the ones leaving had 1 years experience with the zone. I guess if they bring in 4 or 5, JB only needs 2 to be able to play with hopefully 4 locked in as starters, or so people insist.

If so many people are down on SU's recent recruiting, what makes them think that SU will pick up better players than the ones leaving? Especially trying to integrate new players into the zone. At least the ones leaving had 1 years experience with the zone. I guess if they bring in 4 or 5, JB only needs 2 to be able to play with hopefully 4 locked in as starters, or so people insist.
if people are so down on our recruiting, why are they worried about the guys we are losing?

if people are so down on our recruiting, why are they worried about the guys we are losing?
Don't know but there was all sorts of talk during the season about how recruiting is down. How the assistants weren't getting good recruits. Also seems mostly people are only worried about Richmond leaving. Personally, I never said it. And I'm really not worried about Richmond leaving as I don't believe he's the savior to all the offensive ills. Now if both he and Joe leave, I'll be a bit worried because of numbers.

I think we’re only concerned about losing 1 player in particular. The others? ...

Can we recruit any better from the portal than from high school that is the BIG question?

I think we’re only concerned about losing 1 player in particular. The others? ...
I know. And I don't disagree. A team of Kadray, Buddy, Jess, Q and Benny would be just fine by me. You, me and jimmy can be the reserves. But I don't think it is going to work out that way.

Can we recruit any better from the portal than from high school that is the BIG question?
Yes...how exactly does it work. Do schools get film on the kids? Do visits happen? Do coaches go to other campuses? Do coaches give reports/recommendations on leaving players?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom