Recruiting...Whitehead and others... | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting...Whitehead and others...

Jake

Mod
I kinda want to re-assure some folks about the impact this is gonna have on recruiting. To be blunt - I think it will have little impact.

Whitehead is getting pub because of what his mom said, but in reality - its like Tony Wroten saying he was taking Syracuse off his list. Whitehead wasn't coming here any more than Wroten was...but because of what his mom said, its making headlines. Name the last time Syracuse landed a player from Lincoln HS.

The staff will continue to do what they've always done. Identify a core of 8-10 players that we go after in a 2-3 year period and focus our energy on these players because they are players we want, players who fit our system and players who are likely to come here.

Its what we are currently doing and all indications are that this is having no impact on the core kids we are recruiting over the next 2-3 years. We need to take a chill pill for now.

I kinda want to re-assure some folks about the impact this is gonna have on recruiting. To be blunt - I think it will have little impact.

Whitehead is getting pub because of what his mom said, but in reality - its like Tony Wroten saying he was taking Syracuse off his list. Whitehead wasn't coming here any more than Wroten was...but because of what his mom said, its making headlines. Name the last time Syracuse landed a player from Lincoln HS.

The staff will continue to do what they've always done. Identify a core of 8-10 players that we go after in a 2-3 year period and focus our energy on these players because they are players we want, players who fit our system and players who are likely to come here.

Its what we are currently doing and all indications are that this is having no impact on the core kids we are recruiting over the next 2-3 years. We need to take a chill pill for now.

Thanks for the update Jake. So I assume you have spoken with people who have given assurances that at least anecdotaly, some recruits seem to be fine at the moment?

Good post Jake. I just want to add that Whitehead had about 2-3 open workouts back in September and guess how many SU attended? Exactly 0, trust me if this was somebody that the staff really wanted badly somebody would've gone to see him at least once. As Jake stated Lincoln high is the home for circus recruitments such as Marbury, Telfair, and recently Lance Stephenson. I highly doubt JB would've had the patience to deal with that.

Thanks for the update Jake. So I assume you have spoken with people who have given assurances that at least anecdotaly, some recruits seem to be fine at the moment?
Yes.

Whatever happened to Lance Stephenson? That may be a dumb question...

"Born Ready" was drafted by the Pacers and demoted to the D-League due to immaturity issues.

this all doesnt matter if more victims or some tape surface (that proves guilt) boeheim is most likely gone and hopkins might be too--- cant believe we can even think about recruiting at this point-- ill feel better in a week if nothing new surfaces

Agree justice is as honorable as moral discipline.
The Whiteheads seems to be missing that fact.

this all doesnt matter if more victims or some tape surface (that proves guilt) boeheim is most likely gone and hopkins might be too--- cant believe we can even think about recruiting at this point-- ill feel better in a week if nothing new surfaces

Tend to agree. The entire case hinges upon whether any new "victims" come forward. If they don't, then I believe Jake's perspective will be 100% on the money.

But if any do, then JB is in big, big trouble.

As CTO stated during the chat last night, Bernie was not on the road recruiting, and hasn't in a very long time. It's Hop and Adrian. I would think that fact alone has to allow most of us to sleep better where recruiting is concerned.

Tend to agree. The entire case hinges upon whether any new "victims" come forward. If they don't, then I believe Jake's perspective will be 100% on the money.

But if any do, then JB is in big, big trouble.

If any do, someone better check Swartz's bank account.

The problem is that this becomes a convenient reason for kids to explain why they're not coming here when they don't want to get into the real reason they aren't coming here.

At the same time if they weren't coming here in the first place, who cares what the reasoning is?

The problem is that this becomes a convenient reason for kids to explain why they're not coming here when they don't want to get into the real reason they aren't coming here.

Yeah, like the snow. :rolleyes:

As CTO stated during the chat last night, Bernie was not on the road recruiting, and hasn't in a very long time.

Didn't someone say he was in Florida recruiting recently? Or was that a mistake? He's also been on the road at times when JB is busy with USA basketball. But as a rule he is not on the road recruiting.

Didn't someone say he was in Florida recruiting recently? Or was that a mistake? He's also been on the road at times when JB is busy with USA basketball. But as a rule he is not on the road recruiting.
I think there was a miscommunication from Thamel to the public. Thamel said that he was recruiting, but CTO says Bernie's mom is sick in Florida, so you have to imagine that is where he probably was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom