Red dead redemption 2 | Syracusefan.com

Red dead redemption 2

Pearl309

Hall of Fame
Has anyone started playing? Just put it on and wow it is amazing

It’s making me want to binge watch a shitload of westerns.

My kid has been playing it and says its pretty cool. That also means the console never comes back to the house for awhile for me to check it out.

My kid has been playing it and says its pretty cool. That also means the console never comes back to the house for awhile for me to check it out.
I don’t hardly ever play video games but it’s visually stunning.

I haven't really played any games since they stopped making NCAA besides GTA like 4 years ago but I've been contemplating going to buy it but I'm pretty sure that I won't play it that much. Been going back and forth for days.

Once you get passed the first couple missions it is awesome. You can get lost doing dozens of missions

I haven't really played any games since they stopped making NCAA besides GTA like 4 years ago but I've been contemplating going to buy it but I'm pretty sure that I won't play it that much. Been going back and forth for days.

I'll basically buy anything that Rockstar or Naughty Dog puts out. I'm beyond excited for the new "The Last of Us" that's coming out next year.

I had a crazy experience with RDR2 this weekend. I did the mission where you take the three women from your camp into town, and at the end of the mission, a random guy from Blackwater recognizes you, and you have to go chase after him and decide how to handle it. So I ended up randomly commandeering someone's horse to go chase him down. After I spared him, I didn't want to go back to the town because there was a bounty on my head for stealing the horse. That's where I really screwed up. So I pressed on, and ended up at a railroad station, where I stole a train with about 6-7 US Marshalls galloping in tow behind me. After crossing over 2-3 states (I ended up in the Bayou) I realized it was going to be difficult to get back to the part of the map where I was before.

I ended up killing all the Marshalls, and my bounty got to $180+. There was no way I could pay that off, even after finding the incestuous "couple" at the pig farm and stealing their money, and I couldn't find a way to return the horse I'd stolen. (Also that afternoon I went alligator hunting, sucked the venom out of a guy's leg who was on the side of the road - he gave me a free gun from the gunsmith as a reward, and shot up and looted a bunch of ranchers.)

At the end of the day, I got sick of having two horses (one was temporary) and I didn't see a clear path to clearing my bounty so I just restarted the story. All of that, and I was only 5-6 missions in. What an absolutely spectacular game. I spent a good 4-5 real life hours messing around and doing nothing to increase the story, and a TON of stuff still happened to me. This game is going to be a huge time suck!

I had a crazy experience with RDR2 this weekend. I did the mission where you take the three women from your camp into town, and at the end of the mission, a random guy from Blackwater recognizes you, and you have to go chase after him and decide how to handle it. So I ended up randomly commandeering someone's horse to go chase him down. After I spared him, I didn't want to go back to the town because there was a bounty on my head for stealing the horse. That's where I really screwed up. So I pressed on, and ended up at a railroad station, where I stole a train with about 6-7 US Marshalls galloping in tow behind me. After crossing over 2-3 states (I ended up in the Bayou) I realized it was going to be difficult to get back to the part of the map where I was before.

I ended up killing all the Marshalls, and my bounty got to $180+. There was no way I could pay that off, even after finding the incestuous "couple" at the pig farm and stealing their money, and I couldn't find a way to return the horse I'd stolen. (Also that afternoon I went alligator hunting, sucked the venom out of a guy's leg who was on the side of the road - he gave me a free gun from the gunsmith as a reward, and shot up and looted a bunch of ranchers.)

At the end of the day, I got sick of having two horses (one was temporary) and I didn't see a clear path to clearing my bounty so I just restarted the story. All of that, and I was only 5-6 missions in. What an absolutely spectacular game. I spent a good 4-5 real life hours messing around and doing nothing to increase the story, and a TON of stuff still happened to me. This game is going to be a huge time suck!
Or, you could just adult, and put a time limit on it, or stop playing video games all together. Just a thought.

Or, you could just adult, and put a time limit on it, or stop playing video games all together. Just a thought.

Yeah, I do that enough already with the wife, career and mortgage. Video games are my time that I get to put that aside for a little while.

A52E3211-F2A1-4BEE-9387-CD24AB7CE0E0.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom