Regarding Emily's ACC Coaches Are Jealous Article From Yesterday... | Syracusefan.com

Regarding Emily's ACC Coaches Are Jealous Article From Yesterday...

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
Want to discuss one point she made in what was a good article.

This sentence caught my eye.

Pinstripe Bowl executive director Mark Holtzman said during a press conference Tuesday that he and his colleagues had six schools in their pool of ACC options, and that all six called to say the Pinstripe Bowl was their first choice.

Who were the 6 ACC schools that wanted the Pinstripe as their first choice?

Let's speculate.

Obviously Syracuse.

UL was sentenced to hard time in Boston. Definitely them.

Wake got stuck with a pre Christmas game in Tampa. Add them to the list.

Duke looked like a lock for the Sun or the Mayo. And then we had the USC upset, the ACC schools lost the Reliaquest, and they got dropped all the way to the Military. Apparently Duke wanted the Pinstripe over the Sun and the Mayo. Surprised, especially about the Mayo. But we know Duke has a lot of alums and students from the NYC area. They are in some ways a NE school.

Pitt ended up with the Sun. I gotta assume they would have preferred to play in NYC as well. I understand why. The Sun is pretty expensive to get to. And Pitt has some players from NYC and NJ. These are important recruiting areas for them.

Who was the sixth school?

We know it was not Clemson. I can't believe it was UNC, who was playing for the ACC Championship. Can't see it being FSU.

By the process of elimination, it might have been NC State. Must have been after USC lost and they were eliminated from consideration for the Gator. I think NC State also preferred playing in NYC than in the Mayo or the Sun Bowl.

Thoughts?

The biggest surprise here is that the Pinstripe preferred Syracuse over all these other schools. I think this is something we should be happy with and proud of too.

Want to discuss one point she made in what was a good article.

This sentence caught my eye.

Pinstripe Bowl executive director Mark Holtzman said during a press conference Tuesday that he and his colleagues had six schools in their pool of ACC options, and that all six called to say the Pinstripe Bowl was their first choice.

Who were the 6 ACC schools that wanted the Pinstripe as their first choice?

Let's speculate.

Obviously Syracuse.

UL was sentenced to hard time in Boston. Definitely them.

Wake got stuck with a pre Christmas game in Tampa. Add them to the list.

Duke looked like a lock for the Sun or the Mayo. And then we had the USC upset, the ACC schools lost the Reliaquest, and they got dropped all the way to the Military. Apparently Duke wanted the Pinstripe over the Sun and the Mayo. Surprised, especially about the Mayo. But we know Duke has a lot of alums and students from the NYC area. They are in some ways a NE school.

Pitt ended up with the Sun. I gotta assume they would have preferred to play in NYC as well. I understand why. The Sun is pretty expensive to get to. And Pitt has some players from NYC and NJ. These are important recruiting areas for them.

Who was the sixth school?

We know it was not Clemson. I can't believe it was UNC, who was playing for the ACC Championship. Can't see it being FSU.

By the process of elimination, it might have been NC State. Must have been after USC lost and they were eliminated from consideration for the Gator. I think NC State also preferred playing in NYC than in the Mayo or the Sun Bowl.

Thoughts?

The biggest surprise here is that the Pinstripe preferred Syracuse over all these other schools. I think this is something we should be happy with and proud of too.

Despite the Negative cloud that many on this board live under, SU football is a good catch for bowls. We have supported the two Pinstripe and Camping World bowls very well and we more then hold our own with TV ratings.

To the OP;
...or the question was, Between the Pinstripe and Fenway bowls, which is your first choice? Always phrase the question to elicit the answer you want.