Rehfuss entering the transfer portal | Syracusefan.com

Rehfuss entering the transfer portal

uh oh

Who in the hell does this in late december? Almost completely unheard of! And as a 5th year player deciding to run it back! I mean better to lose a guy on offense than on D with the depth we have there and it is also hard to be mad at a guy who gave us 4 great years, but there has to be a ton more to the story.

So it's kind of a situation where he is entering the portal just in case the worse case scenario plays out and hes dismissed from the school? Well I guess its good that its not petty infighting over playing time. That's about it for positives.

So it's kind of a situation where he is entering the portal just in case the worse case scenario plays out and hes dismissed from the school? Well I guess its good that its not petty infighting over playing time. That's about it for positives.

That's what I would take away from it but a lot of unknowns at this point. I initially thought a PT issue with Hiltz but that appears to not be the case at all. Hopefully the scope of this isn't huge, losing a 5th year guy in Rehfuss stings but isn't a huge deal, a few other names and we have a disaster on our hands.

That's what I would take away from it but a lot of unknowns at this point. I initially thought a PT issue with Hiltz but that appears to not be the case at all. Hopefully the scope of this isn't huge, losing a 5th year guy in Rehfuss stings but isn't a huge deal, a few other names and we have a disaster on our hands.
How much trouble can you actually get in for violating covid safety? Does it actually go as far as expulsion or academic probation? That would only seem possible after numerous offenses. Like they held a huge party and got caught and then held like 2 more after that or something. Unacceptable idiotic behavior what the hell

I would start preparing for the worst.

At least that way if it's not that bad it'll be a pleasant surprise. But I think to expect more bad news. IL said other "notable" names involved

I have a niece and nephew you currently attend Syracuse U. If a student is caught violating and covid-19 protocols it results in disciplinary action up to and including expulsion. I have a feeling this is what this is related too.

I'm concerned with the following quote from the article: "that Rehfuss may not be the only noteworthy Syracuse player to seek a transfer prior to the spring season. "

How much trouble can you actually get in for violating covid safety? Does it actually go as far as expulsion or academic probation? That would only seem possible after numerous offenses. Like they held a huge party and got caught and then held like 2 more after that or something. Unacceptable idiotic behavior what the hell

SU has pretty stringent penalties for violating protocols. It wouldn't take multiple offenses for serious discipline especially if the initial violation was large or egregious.

Sixth year. Makes that lovely article in US Lacrosse Magazine look a bit like an anomaly. Any way, hope this gets sorted out and he is able to return (as are the others considering a transfer).

I have a niece and nephew you currently attend Syracuse U. If a student is caught violating and covid-19 protocols it results in disciplinary action up to and including expulsion. I have a feeling this is what this is related too.

I'm concerned with the following quote from the article: "that Rehfuss may not be the only noteworthy Syracuse player to seek a transfer prior to the spring season. "

I would agree with you 100% on your thoughts on what has happened. As for the second part only time will tell unfortunately.

I would start preparing for the worst.

At least that way if it's not that bad it'll be a pleasant surprise. But I think to expect more bad news. IL said other "notable" names involved

Id pump the brakes a little bit here. Even if its a significant punishment for several players most schools are already maxed out on scholarship money and roster sports, its unlikely were talking a mass exodus here.

I would agree with you 100% on your thoughts on what has happened. As for the second part only time will tell unfortunately.

agreed...let's hope it's get sorted out without transfers. Being honest and not taking a shot a Rehfuss but him transferring out doesn't concern me as I think Hiltz could slide right in.

How ******* stupid do you have to be to ring up "multiple" violations???

You'd think that one would have been enough.

Agreed, I think its unlikely were talking about multiple violations here. Probably a large party that SU got wind of if I had to guess. That said with college kids involved you can never rule out anything 100%.

Id pump the brakes a little bit here. Even if its a significant punishment for several players most schools are already maxed out on scholarship money and roster sports, its unlikely were talking a mass exodus here.

Not saying there'd be a mass exodus, but I think a few more "noteworthy" names to leave would qualify as a disaster. I think that choice of adjective was IL's way of saying to expect starters/major contributors. No need to use that language if it's end-of-bench types

Not saying there'd be a mass exodus, but I think a few more "noteworthy" names to leave would qualify as a disaster. I think that choice of adjective was IL's way of saying to expect starters/major contributors. No need to use that language if it's end-of-bench types

Ya like I said, 2 or 3 certain names would be bad, real bad. That said IL's idea of noteworthy doesn't exactly mean disaster but there a few young guys who I definitely don't want to see mentioned.

If for instance some lax house that Rehfuss lived at threw a party, you would guess it would be older guys who face disciplinary action since he is probably not living with any freshman or sophmores. I just don't want to see any young names in there. Easier to swallow if the future still looks bright. Hard to respect guys who put their season in jeopardy, and hard to respect guys who throw parties at times like this, even though they are FAR from the only ones doing so and there were probably 10 or 15 going that same night that didn't get caught.

(Insert favorite swear words here)

Per school policy regarding players entering the NCAA transfer portal, Syracuse did not make Head Coach John Desko available for comment. A school spokesperson said all players who are currently listed on the 2021 roster, including Rehfuss, are still active members of the program.

Not sure if this is grounds to feel better or not, but in these photos from the "last scrimmage of the fall" we see Curry Dordevic and Trimboli playing. Would maybe suggest that at least they are not involved in the disciplinary appeal process but who the hell knows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom