remaining schedule | Syracusefan.com

remaining schedule

longtimefan

Hall of Fame
Per Pomeroy, ACC has 5 teams in Top 20.

We have the other 4 on the road.

Yeah we're definitely going to want to build a lead in the conf now, because there are some losses awaiting in the last 5-6 games

Yeah we're definitely going to want to build a lead in the conf now, because there are some losses awaiting in the last 5-6 games

No there isn't. Maybe Duke, but that's it. We are not losing to BC at home, Maryland or UVA on the road. GTech is an easy win. FSU will be tough.

Yeah I think @Duke, UVA, and FSU are all tough, toss-up type games. I'd be very (pleasantly, of course) surprised if we won all 3. @Maryland won't be quite as tough, but not a cakewalk either

I love this team but in the ACC we have played and beaten the cellar dwellers in the conference to date (and the ACC members with the worst overall records). The remaining conference schedule is difficult so I hope the team continues to get everyone's enthusiastic support if and when the going gets tough.

No there isn't. Maybe Duke, but that's it. We are not losing to BC at home, Maryland or UVA on the road. GTech is an easy win. FSU will be tough.

Pitt is a tough place to play.

Wake Forest plays very well on their home court.

3 losses in the ACC sounds about right.

*ducks*

Pitt is a tough place to play.

That's not one of the last 5-6 games, though. That was what I was responding to.

It's seems to me there is a subset of posters that are just waiting, anticipating, a slew of losses. Sorry, I just don't see it. This team is that good in my mind.

That's not one of the last 5-6 games, though. That was what I was responding to.

It's seems to me there is a subset of posters that are just waiting, anticipating, a slew of losses. Sorry, I just don't see it. This team is that good in my mind.

Going undefeated is very very difficult in today's game. I would just be thrilled to pieces if they go 20-o and beating Duke would be the best start in school history!

My guess is right now they end the conf season with 3 or 4 losses. (And sorry, I was including @Pitt when I was thinking of the last half or so of the season; you are right it's not the last 5 or 6 though, so fair). If we get through Pitt tomorrow, I m ight say 3.

My guess is right now they end the conf season with 3 or 4 losses. (And sorry, I was including @Pitt when I was thinking of the last half or so of the season; you are right it's not the last 5 or 6 though, so fair). If we get through Pitt tomorrow, I m ight say 3.

Really? We have 14 games left. We are going 10-4 the rest of the season?

I would argue that starting with the St Francis NY game through the BC game (14 games) was a tougher stretch than what we are going to experience in the last 14 games, regardless of how many are on the road.

I would argue that starting with the St Francis NY game through the BC game (14 games) was a tougher stretch than what we are going to experience in the last 14 games, regardless of how many are on the road.

There's no way that can be true, and we've played a solid schedule so far.

I said 3 or 4, I could definitely see 10-4 or 11-3. Pitt twice, Duke twice, road games at FSU and UVA. I doubt any of those will be all that easy.

I would definitely disagree on second point. Road games are significantly harder than home games, and we're playing some really tough teams coming up.

In that 14 game stretch, we played 2 absolute cupcakes at home. Binghamton and High Point. They are both over 300 in KP And maybe you want to throw Eastern Michigan in there, they are 104 in KP though, so not a total cakewalk . The road games were at St. Johns (decent team, about 70 in KP), and BC and VA Tech (bad teams, each over 150 in KP).

Minnesota, Cal, Baylor, and Indiana are all very solid teams. In the 30-50 range. 3 of them were at a neutral site, 1 was at home. And obviously Nova is a very good team. Those were tough games, but on the aggregate, Duke twice, Pitt twice, @FSU, and @UVA are tougher than those games, IMO.

So what are you predicting, 2 losses? It definitely could happen, I'm not trying to say there is no chance. We'll probably be favored in all but 2 or 3 games the rest of the year.

nah, conference road games are rarely easy. i never think we're losing a home game, i pretty much always expect a close game on the road. and our 2 conference road games so far were against 2 of the worst teams in acc. having said that, i dont think team is losing more than 3 acc games, i think we go 15-3 or 16-2. i think we lost at pitt, at duke, and either at wake or florida st.

What?

Ranked in terms of toughest game, bolded tougher opponent considering location

Villanova / At Pitt (Draw, could be slight edge at Pitt)
Baylor (N) / At Duke
Cal (N) / At Florida St
Minnesota (N) / At Virginia
at St. John's / Pitt
UNC / Duke
Indiana / At Maryland
At BC / Clemson
At Virginia Tech / At Miami
Miami / At Wake Forest
Eastern Michigan / Notre Dame
St Francis / NC St
High Point / / Georgia Tech
Binghamton / Boston College

I would say for sure @Pitt is tougher tha home Nova. We were what, 4 or 5 point favorites for Nova? (maybe a little less?) We'll probably be a 2-3 point dog at Pitt

I would say for sure @Pitt is tougher tha home Nova. We were what, 4 or 5 point favorites for Nova? (maybe a little less?) We'll probably be a 2-3 point dog at Pitt

I agree. I was trying to not come off as biased towards my position, when the other 13 games after that are clear.

Recent key injury may also impact Pitt as well. However, our history vs Pitt also comes into play as well.

Tougher schedule but my prediction is 11-3, and regardless what happens in ACC tourney, #1 seed in the East.

Fine. My prediction 13-1. At Duke is only loss, though I really want to win there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom