Class of 2022 - Remaining Targets | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 Remaining Targets

tep624

Living Legend
Based on OrangeExtreme's list tacked above, we have 7 open slots, although there are probably at least 2 possible PWO's that could be brought on scholarship (Darton for sure). These are the only prospects as of Dec 15th that I'm reasonably certain we were/are pursuing or had interest in.

HS
Jalen Daniels CA QB (PWO Candidate)
Avery Powell NJ CB- Signed with Holy Cross
Ethan Stangle MD LS - Signed with Syracuse as PWO
Cam East LA OT - Signed with Ole Miss
Tupuvae Amaama UT OL - Signed with Virginia

Nijhay Bury PA RB (PWO Candidate)
Camron Cooper TX DE/TE - Signed with UTSA
Kadin Bailey GA LB - Signed with Syracuse
Noah McKinney NV OL - Signed with UNLV
Koen Entringer MI DB - Signed with Iowa
Jullian Lewis FL WR - Signed with Georgia Tech
Jayson Jenkins NJ DL - Signed with Tennessee

Francois Nolton FL DE - Signed with Syracuse
Kevin Jobity NY DL - Signed with Syracuse
Brady Denaburg FL K - Signed with Syracuse

JUCO

Tysheik Galloway SC DT Coffeyville
Terrance McClain SC OL Coffeyville - Signed with Memphis

Transfers
Tillman Weaver GA DE Ohio University
Willie Tyler OL Louisiana-Lafayette - Committed to Rutgers
Rafiti Ghrimai OL Texas
Miles Frazier OL FIU - Committed to LSU
Cade Briggs NM OL New Mexico - Committed to Texas Tech
Hunter Nourzad OL Cornell - Committed to Penn State

Juwaun Price AZ RB New Mexico State - Committed to Syracuse
Jared Verse PA DE Albany - Committed to FSU
Steven Stilianos VA TE Lafayette
JD DiRenzo NJ OT Sacred Heart - Committed to Rutgers
Isaiah Johnson MI DB Dartmouth - Committed to Syracuse
Trimarcus Cheeks GA LB Samford - Committed to Houston
Dan Villari NY QB Michigan - Committed to Syracuse
Lorenzo Hernandez NJ DL Monmouth - Committed to Western Kentucky
C.J. Hayes KY WR Michigan St. - Committed to Syracuse
Alijah Clark NJ DB Rutgers - - Committed to Syracuse

Myles Cecil CA DL Cal Poly
Jacob Brammer TX OL North Texas
Brian Greene WA OL Washington St.

Last edited:
great list.

Re: Jullian Lewis, I had speculated previously he might have had some grade issues. If there was it looks like that could be cleared up. In the past week he's been re-offered by Georgia Tech (Jan15) and got a new offer from Washington State (Jan18). I'm crossing my fingers here he pops up on the visit list this weekend or next.

Florida 1st Team All-State

Last edited:
great list.

Re: Jullian Lewis, I had speculated previously he might have had some grade issues. If there was it looks like that could be cleared up. In the past week he's been re-offered by Georgia Tech (Jan15) and got a new offer from Washington State (Jan18). I'm crossing my fingers here he pops up on the visit list this weekend or next.

Florida 1st Team All-State

Yeah he’d definitely be a nice add to the class.

Based on OrangeExtreme's list tacked above, we have 7 open slots, although there are probably at least 2 possible PWO's that could be brought on scholarship (Darton for sure). These are the only prospects as of Dec 15th that I'm reasonably certain we were/are pursuing or had interest in.

HS
Jalen Daniels CA QB
Avery Powell NJ CB
Ethan Stangle MD LS - Committed to Syracuse as PWO
Cam East LA OT - Signed with Ole Miss
Tupuvae Amaama UT OL
Nijhay Bury PA RB
Camron Cooper TX DE/TE
Kadin Bailey GA LB - Signed with Syracuse
Noah McKinney NV OL - Signed with UNLV
Koen Entringer MI DB - Signed with Iowa

Jullian Lewis FL WR
Jayson Jenkins NJ DL
Francois Nolton FL DE - Signed with Syracuse

JUCO

Tysheik Galloway SC DT Coffeyville
Terrance McClain SC OL Coffeyville - Signed with Memphis

Transfers
Tillman Weaver GA DE Ohio University
Willie Tyler OL Louisiana-Lafayette - Committed to Rutgers
Rafiti Ghrimai OL Texas
Miles Frazier OL FIU - Committed to LSU
Cade Briggs NM OL New Mexico - Committed to Texas Tech
Hunter Nourzad OL Cornell - Eliminated SU

Juwaun Price AZ RB New Mexico State - Committed to Syracuse
Jared Verse PA DE Albany - Committed to FSU
Steven Stilianos VA TE Lafayette
JD DiRenzo NJ OT Sacred Heart - Committed to Rutgers
Isaiah Johnson MI DB Dartmouth
Trimarcus Cheeks GA LB Samford - Committed to Houston
Dan Villari NY QB Michigan - Committed to Syracuse
Lorenzo Hernandez NJ DL Monmouth - Committed to Western Kentucky
C.J. Hayes KY WR Michigan St. - Committed to Syracuse
Alijah Clark NJ DB Rutgers
Excellent list. Extrapolating a bit, I think we are ideally looking for 3 more this signing period. Let's assume 2 walk ons get schollies and we lose one more scholarship player. That would give us 3 slots to fill during the late spring, after spring practice, when a bunch of players will get disenchanted with their prospects of playing time and portal elsewhere.

I think we want

1 OL
1 TE
and
1 DB

We could and probably would take others if we liked them enough.

Would love to see

Amaamu be the OL
Stilanos be the TE
and
Clark be the DB

Johnson is probably the most realistic additional guy to add. Some disappointments for sure but things are overall coming all very nicely.

With only two weekends left before signing day, I'd like to know who is scheduled to visit?

Tupuvae Amaama UT OL visited in December. We need another quality young offensive linemen.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that Isaiah Johnson might be visiting on 1/28. Not much of an issue because I don't think he will be transferring until after the spring semester.

Is Clark going to be on campus this weekend? If he wants to enroll as soon as possible as he said, classes start on Monday. Yes, he can enroll and add classes until 1/31.

Any information out there regarding official visits coming up?

Lewis looks similar to Queeley coming out of HS. Im not sure the staff will bring in another feshman wr. They might feel they have enough young guys on the roster. Im hoping they find a DL or two and a TE via the portal

Yeah, my Portal wish list now is:
DL - another big’un
OL - ideally a C, or OT
TE - who can catch & block

Maybe another WR, if they can land a stud playmaker.

Lewis is taking an OV to Georgia Tech this weekend and just got a CB there. If he doesn't commit he's got another OV schedule to Akron.

Yeah, my Portal wish list now is:
DL - another big’un
OL - ideally a C, or OT
TE - who can catch & block

Maybe another WR, if they can land a stud playmaker.

I would say, in my order of importance:

1. interior offensive lineman - we have a lot of rangy guys who project as tackles, I want a big ugly;

2. defensive tackle - ready to play, please - portal / JUCO;

3. True Stud WR - don't get me wrong, the kid from Mich State is nice, but not a lot of track record, so he's no guaranteed upgrade; I'd like a guy who is at least 6-3, quick off the line, had say 50 catches at a G5 team and still has a year or two of eligibility;

4. TE who can catch. We already have guys who can block.

We have to be able to throw the ball over the middle of the field on a low risk pass that will usually get you 5-10 yards. We need that in our offense for the rest of it to work better. Hard to understand how past offensive coordinators have not valued the middle of the field.

I would say, in my order of importance:

1. interior offensive lineman - we have a lot of rangy guys who project as tackles, I want a big ugly;

2. defensive tackle - ready to play, please - portal / JUCO;

3. True Stud WR - don't get me wrong, the kid from Mich State is nice, but not a lot of track record, so he's no guaranteed upgrade; I'd like a guy who is at least 6-3, quick off the line, had say 50 catches at a G5 team and still has a year or two of eligibility;

4. TE who can catch. We already have guys who can block.

We have to be able to throw the ball over the middle of the field on a low risk pass that will usually get you 5-10 yards. We need that in our offense for the rest of it to work better. Hard to understand how past offensive coordinators have not valued the middle of the field.
It will be hard to bring in a stud receiver those types want to play at schools that have a proven ( QB ) with a pass 1st offense. I would also like to see us bring in a solid ( LB ) via portal / JC.

It will be hard to bring in a stud receiver those types want to play at schools that have a proven ( QB ) with a pass 1st offense. I would also like to see us bring in a solid ( LB ) via portal / JC.

Yeah, but the 2 guys from VA and the offenses they put up recently might be enough to convince somebody.

And you can never have too many LBs, especially with what they bring to special teams, but I think they're a bit easier to find.

Way to quiet coming down the home stretch with so many open scholarships. Coaches are seemingly busy putting in the work on '23 and '24 kids. Only 1 known visitor weekend, is that accurate?

Way to quiet coming down the home stretch with so many open scholarships. Coaches are seemingly busy putting in the work on '23 and '24 kids. Only 1 known visitor weekend, is that accurate?
Would think maybe they are saving some scholarships for after spring ball? Second wave of transfers in the portal.

Would think maybe they are saving some scholarships for after spring ball? Second wave of transfers in the portal.

I've never really subscribed to the 'saving' scholarship practice. It's risky imo when you need all the depth you can get but I don't disagree with ya.

nothing is real for the transfers until the actually get here its not the same as for HS kids.. one reason to keep things quiet is to not scare some kids off I would expect.
Agree. I believe DB said it is really not official for transfers until they have attended classes for two weeks. Up until that point they can leave.

My main concern is the lack of experienced bodies on the DL.
Agree but DB seems pretty high on the young players. We do have a couple of DL that played in a number of games returning. Also the younger players have good size and were recruited for the 3-3-5.

Agree but DB seems pretty high on the young players. We do have a couple of DL that played in a number of games returning. Also the younger players have good size and were recruited for the 3-3-5.
He was also very high on Devito. Until you show it in the games, it's hard to know. I'd feel differently if we lost 1 or 2 guys from the DL, but we lost our top 4-5. That's a lot of reps to replace. I don't think we need to bring in a bunch, but a couple of guys would be nice. I'd feel better if Linton put on another 20 good pounds, but not sure I'm expecting that at this point.