Remarkable numbers for an offense that isn't playing | Syracusefan.com

Remarkable numbers for an offense that isn't playing

you need the HR guy, that opens the middle even more and the running game becomes easier, still think the oline is just avg run blocking most of the time but they are pass blocking well enough to get that done.

we rushed for 6 yds a carry they first half and then barely moved the needle the 2nd half.

I recall 3 options to the outside yesterday and one by TD. Seems like something they added over the bye? The one to Howard was scary but still...they went right back to that well with TD, gutsy call.

smoothly at all.

Now 9th in scoring at 42.3 per game

20th in total offense, 474 per game

31st in rushing, 213 per game

36th in passing, 262 per game
Pace adjust by changing “per game” to “per possession,” and you’ll see the problem.

Our offense isn’t good right now. But the good news is that we’re better QB play (a healthy Dungey? ...I think he’s secretly hurt.) and a big WR (Etta2) away from being good. We’re close. The bad news is that there’s a significant gap between being close to good, and actually being good.

Last edited:
Sigh. That’s the point.

The OP was saying imagine when that gets better because it will.

He wasn’t saying “look how efficient we’ve been”

Reading comp not great

This concept really shouldn’t be hard. Efficiency isn’t a small detail. It’s almost the only thing that matters. In fact, scoring efficiency, drive efficiency (yardage per drive), average drive times, and consistency for scoring, time, and yardage are the *only* 6 offensive stats that matter.

His per game stats are great for trivia nights, and that’s pretty much it.

It’s like saying “SU is ranked #1 in the country amongst schools whose only color is orange. We’re clearly good. Imagine what we’d look like when we get a little better vs. non-orange only schools.”

Think before you post. Don’t just make things up (like you normally do).

Pace adjust by changing “per game” to “per possession,” and you’ll see the problem.

Our offense isn’t good right now. But the good news is that we’re better QB play (a healthy Dungey? ...I think he’s secretly hurt.) and a big WR (Etta2) away from being good. We’re close. The bad news is that there’s a significant gap between being close to good, and actually being good.

No kidding, that's why the words "remarkable" and "smoothly" is in the subject.

Your comment isn't some great revelation, I don't need the pedantic lecture.

I see 3 posters not just one making posts personal with insults. If you can't make a point without adding an insult, then please keep it to yourself since you must believe that your point is toothless without getting personal.

Harris will be that guy. Just needs more time and reps

Just think coming out of camp it was Hendrix who was making the most noise. I think when it's all said and done it will be Hendrix who is the deep threat, and Harris will be the more overall WR. Either way we should be giddy with the potential this offense can become.

I think 2019 will be good but watch out in 2020.

QB - DeVito
RB - Adams, Howard
WR - Jackson, Harris, Hendrix, N. Johnson

I know all these guys will be eligible next year but it’ll be the first year playing in the system for a couple of them. And that’s just off the top of my head.

Don’t think I’m crazy to think this could be a preseason Top 20-type team.

10% of our points from punt returns and overtime.

Take that out and it's still pretty darn good

Sure is nice to see top ten offense.

If you adjust for schedule we have the fifth best scoring

10% of our points from punt returns and overtime.

Take that out and it's still pretty darn good

Sure is nice to see top ten offense.

If you adjust for schedule we have the fifth best scoring

Turnovers help, too and we've been getting them. But we are taking advantage of them - that's the key. I remember G-Rob's first team was leading the nation in turnovers at one point- and we never seemed to score after them.

you need the HR guy, that opens the middle even more and the running game becomes easier, still think the oline is just avg run blocking most of the time but they are pass blocking well enough to get that done.

I think you need a HR threat in the running and passing game. Baylor and Oregon has so many long long runs when they were humming. Think we get that next year too

look at what KC is doing. yes the QB is playing great, but look how many of the tds are a function of the WR running so wide open. Hill is like a video game speed guy right now. UNC had that DAZZ kid, even when he didnt get the ball on sweeps it screwed us up. Alabama that QB is playing well but he has WR 5 yds behind guys all game long too.

I think we had separation 2-3 time all game and they all came when TD came in which turned out to be great.. can you imagine if hadnt missed the 3rd long throw to Riley which was somewhat Rileys fault for looking for the ball too soon and slowing down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom