renting a car | Syracusefan.com

renting a car

upperdeck

Living Legend
anyone figured out how to rent a car lately.. its about the same to fly to florida then it is to rent a car for a day. crazy..

i did see I could rent a transit van pretty cheap if everyone else wants to roll around in the back for the trip.

anyone figured out how to rent a car lately.. its about the same to fly to florida then it is to rent a car for a day. crazy..

i did see I could rent a transit van pretty cheap if everyone else wants to roll around in the back for the trip.
When I went to St Thomas in February the going price was $650+ for the week for the basic ride. Fortunately, through the Tripadvisor forum, I found a guy who rents for $490 a week. I was a little skeptical because the guy had no social media presence, but he had a few people vouch for him and I didn't have to pay in advance, so I figured I really had nothing to lose. Everything worked out great. Not sure you can find that in Florida. However, ten years ago we found this Venezuelan girl who advertised on Craigslist as a driver that she had a minivan and drove us all around Orlando to all the golf courses/restaurants/airport runs and it worked out great. My buddies were skeptical as it was right around the Craigslist killer time.

Turo, I tried it for the first time recently on a mini vacation and it worked fine. It's like airbnb for cars. Not going to lie I was hesitant at first and thought it was kinda weird but it worked out just fine. Rates are cheaper than rental places like Enterprise and if you want to rent something more than just an A to B econo rental you can get as crazy as you want on there. You have to download the app on your phone or I think you can go to their website through a computer. It works in most states, I don't think right now NY allows it but not sure.

Do you live in Syracuse?

I've never noticed the prices in Canada go ballistic because we're reasonable people that hate cars.

Soooooo, have your best friend drive you to Canada (**bonus you two get to go to Canada and eat some maple flavored food**), and then rent your car and drive wherever you wish.

You can also stop at duty free and buy alcohol with your savings.

I always try Autoslash, can try a few different things on there to get a couple different rates. Usually my 1st stop to see what prices are looking like.

This will be a problem for some time. It is usually season specific, but there just isn’t enough inventory out there for the rental companies to fulfill their needs in bothe the local markets and airport rentals. They will prioritize insurance rentals, corporate, and dealer replacement over retail at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom