Replacements for Desko | Syracusefan.com

Replacements for Desko

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
We are at the point where there is no arguing that Desko must go. The only question is: Who replaces him?

1. The High Point coach - young, gets everything out of his players.

2. What about this Colgate coach?

3. And my personal favorite: John Galloway

Don't bother with the "well what about Danowski?" argument. Danowski has had infinitely more success than Desko over the last decade.

We are at the point where there is no arguing that Desko must go. The only question is: Who replaces him?

1. The High Point coach - young, gets everything out of his players.

2. What about this Colgate coach?

3. And my personal favorite: John Galloway

Don't bother with the "well what about Danowski?" argument. Danowski has had infinitely more success than Desko over the last decade.

It will be Galloway with Ryan Powell and an unknown guy as of yet to run the D.

If he was as smart as you say he is, he would have already replaced JD.

I would guess there would have been a lot of push-back before now. (As no doubt he faces in ultimately replacing another long-time SU coach.) But this demonstration of ineptitude gives him all the ammunition he needs.

I would guess there would have been a lot of push-back before now. (As no doubt he faces in ultimately replacing another long-time SU coach.) But this demonstration of ineptitude gives him all the ammunition he needs.
The program has been sliding for a long time. This game just makes it glaringly apparent.

I would definitely take a hard look at Chemotti from Richmond-he’s done a very nice job with a brand new program, and he’s a local guy. Galloway is another name. Shay is probably too late but I would definitely look at Peter Miliman or someone on Cornell’s staff. They had outstanding success in his first season, and there is a TON of young coaching talent on that staff

CUSE guys blah blah blah. If you believe you’re elite then go find and hire the best coach.

I have no idea what Shay would do but you throw a wad of money at him and see what happens. He is from Cortland, he did play at LeMoyne. I like to think we’re the Alabama of the sport. We’re blue blood and we should act like it. We have the BEST facilities and the most money.

I’d give Lars a call to, maybe even Tambroni, maybe even Chemotti. All 4 are CUSE guys.

I have no idea if Powell can coach or not because well he’s never coached.

CUSE guys blah blah blah. If you believe you’re elite then go find and hire the best coach.

I have no idea what Shay would do but you throw a wad of money at him and see what happens. He is from Cortland, he did play at LeMoyne. I like to think we’re the Alabama of the sport. We’re blue blood and we should act like it. We have the BEST facilities and the most money.

I’d give Lars a call to, maybe even Tambroni, maybe even Chemotti. All 4 are CUSE guys.

I have no idea if Powell can coach or not because well he’s never coached.

Shays not coming here as Yale can pay him more then SU can or will and there loaded up it would be a downward move at this point. Tambroni has done jack at PSU and is already making pretty good money so hard pass. Chemotti is interesting, good coach but I would worry about the offense a bit. Still I would definitely take a long look at him, I think he could do a heck of a job here with the right OC. Lars isnt happening.

Chemotti Galloway and a young successful OC from one the big schools are probably the most likely candidates. The guy at Rutty has done a nice job to.

What about Alberici or Tambroni? Two guys with ties to the area. Assuming you would have to back the truck up to land a top tier guy and not sure SU would be willing to do that in a non-revenue generating sport.

I’m just gonna go ahead and throw out Chuck Wilbur’s name. He would be a perfect fit with what he’s done in his tenure at OCC. Have no idea if he would be interested, seeing as he just stepped down as head coach. But, if the moneys right, who’s to say he wouldn’t jump on it? He’s got the connection with the Native Americans which would bode well in our favour.

I'm going throw our a name no one else has and many may disagree with...Joe Amplo. I've known Joe Amplo since high school and he would make a fantastic coach for Cuse. He has a high lax IQ, is fiery, gets the most out of his players and a big win is he can recruit from Long Island where he's from!

The other obvious name is Pressler!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom