Required Minimum # wins next year

Required Minimum # wins next year

• Total voters

FrancoPizza

2018 Iggy Leading Minutes Per Game Winner
If you were the AD what is the minimum # wins you need to see from Babers in 2021?

Chris02M

Football Schedule Maven
if we are playing the normal schedule of 8 league plus 4 non conference 6 is the number

HRE Otto IV

All Conference
IMO a year like 2019 is time to cut bait. We had 5 wins that year. But a year like 2016 or 2017 and he should be given another year for sure. We only had 4 wins those years. What we need to see next year IMO is significant improvement. That isn't always measured by Ws and Ls. That being said our schedule next year is as easy as can be. So significant improvement should really yield 6Ws no problem. I don't think a W total should be required though.

Entropic

All Conference
And they also brought in a 5th year transfer QB with plenty of P5 experience, will we do the same?
No way. We have another freshman coming in to solve our problems don't worry.

bigmike

Connoisseur of head and legroom.
Here is where I am at. Injuries do matter, and the QB, WR and O line situations have been discussed thoroughly. That said, if Dino has a full spring and camp with all his recruited players (he completely owns this roster) and a normal schedule with fans at home games, we should see DRASTIC improvement - at least 6-7 wins in 2021. Truthfully, he probably should have more if he is as good as I still think he may be.

Having said all of that, his demeanor on the sideline and at press conferences, makes me really wonder if he is truly up to the challenge.

FloridaFan

All American
7 including the bowl game. If we go 6-6 and win the bowl game or go 7-5 and lose the bowl game I’m ok with it. Just make a bowl. 6-7 doesn’t cut it for me

FloridaFan

All American
6-6 and then a bowl loss to go 6-7 would be a fantastic upgrade after going 1-10.
I would suppose it was. It would depend on how the wins and losses were. If we squeaked by every game and got blown out in the losses I wouldn’t e happy

All American
Winning is the ultimate criteria. However, I don't think that a specific number of wins will be the primary evaluative metric within the AD's office for the next couple of seasons. Those thinking that DB must win X number of games next year "or else" will be disappointed. Along with wins, I'm guessing that success will be defined more by improvement in execution and competitiveness with peer programs on the field; player development; identification, evaluation and recruitment of talent; building depth; increased accountability for the staff; and overall culture within the program.

There will be investments in facilities, infrastructure, and support staff to level the field. The rest is up to DB.

orangepassion

All American
After this season, the expectations are so low. I think we need at least 5-6 wins and recruiting can't be a mess. There's only so many years you can have a lame duck coach before it kills your roster, due to the uncertainty for recruits.

Newhouser

All American
They won't make a change after next year. Personally I only care about league wins. I don't count fluff wins.

Chris02M

Football Schedule Maven
has it been said if the 2021 rotation of conference games will be as scheduled or the 2020 force changes?

OrangeDW

Living Legend
And that fact has nothing to do with Syracuse. Statistically, causationally, correlatively...absolutely nothing.
Things can change in a hurry. But you knew that was the point.

Willy75

Scout Team
Given the financial constraints and the endless excuses (real or imagined) for the program’s shortcomings, three wins will almost certainly be enough.

orangeinohio

All American
I think there’s a fairly decent chance that COVID is going to impact the spring practice schedule.
For this and other reasons, I’m not expecting much improvement

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom