Results to Date

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
BC loses to GT

No surprise.

Temple loses to Army.

Wow, Pretty shocking.

UB loses to SUNY Albany

Unbelievable. Forget about UB being NYS's team. They aren't even Upstate NY's best SUNY program.

You know RU is going to get destroyed against UW today. Will Penn State lose to Kent State as well?

Interesting times in Eastern football.

I was browsing the RU rivals page this am while watching some of the BC game, they call Temple, Pimple lol. I got a good chuckle from that with my am coffee.

Eastern football is in an awful place. No one plays offense worth a damn. SU has a tremendous opportunity to establish an identity and carve out a significant leadership position in the region.

This^^

Oh yeah, and then there's the playing at least 6 games in a Dome thing.

Finally! This should have been our "brand" from the McNabb era on.

The uAlbany loss made me sick. First time UB's lost to them in memory.

The uAlbany loss made me sick. First time UB's lost to them in memory.

In what sport? This was only the 2nd meeting between the two since 1988. So UB has one win over Albany in the last 28 years. Albany has won 5 of the last 7 football games vs UB and is 8-5 overall.

In what sport? This was only the 2nd meeting between the two since 1988. So UB has one win over Albany in the last 28 years. Albany has won 5 of the last 7 football games vs UB and is 8-5 overall.
in memory. Im younger than 28 haha

Eastern football is in an awful place. No one plays offense worth a damn. SU has a tremendous opportunity to establish an identity and carve out a significant leadership position in the region.

Perfectly stated. And guess who's poised to fill that void?

SO HAPPY we avoided going the direction we've always gone in making the last hire. Offensive innovation was what led to our success in the late 80s / 90s, and it will be the key to our resurgence this time around, as well.

Pitt struggling with Vill so far now,

The transitive property doesn't work in sports, so I draw no conclusion from Pitt struggling against Villanova. But how refreshing was it to not struggle against a lesser opponent [even a contending one at that level like Colgate]? That Villanova game that we should have lost seems like forever ago--so happy that white knuckling games against inferior opponents that we can't physically dominate isn't something to worry about anymore.

We played vanilla and won easily, without having our best performance from an execution standpoint, which enables people to focus on nit-picky stuff.

You could tell from our first offensive possession that things were different.

Last edited:
The transitive property doesn't work in sports, so I draw no conclusion from Pitt struggling against Villanova.

While it is true that you cannot take much from one game to another, you can tell the type of O these teams will have all year. I have a hard time seeing any of UConn, Wake, VA Tech, BC, NC State, Pitt getting more than 24 points in our games. I think we will end up outscoring all of them. Of course special teams, turnovers, and penalties can change their scoring output and ours, but those three factors being equal we should put up more points than those teams can.

While it is true that you cannot take much from one game to another, you can tell the type of O these teams will have all year. I have a hard time seeing any of UConn, Wake, VA Tech, BC, NC State, Pitt getting more than 24 points in our games. I think we will end up outscoring all of them. Of course special teams, turnovers, and penalties can change their scoring output and ours, but those three factors being equal we should put up more points than those teams can.

I hope we can avoid the injury bug that's plagued us in recent years, because even against this schedule there is a path to six wins.

Look forward to not having to sit through 24-21 games anymore. Also look forward to when we're comfortably pasting those teams with regularity in the not-too-distant future.

Dino's old team with a rough day. Gave up 77 points and nearly 800 yards.