Reviews of bier, wine, scotch and cigars... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Reviews of bier, wine, scotch and cigars...

Tree House is opening a brewery in Saratoga Springs?!?!
Between that and The Bunker opening up with basically an open air sports bar gives two more great entertainment options.

Yes, absolutely fantastic news. Gonna make same day runs now much more doable. Tree House has a huge NY fanbase so I am not surprised they decided to expand here (had been hoping for years they would), thrilled its not in NYC.
Saratoga makes a lot more sense given their vibe.
Trillium, on the other hand...

Saratoga makes a lot more sense given their vibe.
Trillium, on the other hand...

LOL I love both but your right Saratoga screams Tree house, very much a similar vibe. I think a Trillium in the Syracuse area would absolutely crush it, middle of the state wide beer variety from Stouts and Lagers to their IPA's and daily serving series etc. Trillium can't ship their beers here so it makes a ton of sense, just gotta get them to feel the same way.

Anyone try the Winestyr service yet? A vendor sent me what I’m assuming was a nice bottle of Postmark Cabernet Sauvignon, 2018, for Christmas. Except they sent it to the California office first, and then I had it shipped up here to Vermont. It was not good. I ended up dumping the bottle last night, maybe a quarter of it. But I’m not sure if it’s just bad wine or being sent hither and yon.

Shipping companies. I'd bet it sat near a heat source for a while and got cooked. :rolleyes:

LOL I love both but your right Saratoga screams Tree house, very much a similar vibe. I think a Trillium in the Syracuse area would absolutely crush it, middle of the state wide beer variety from Stouts and Lagers to their IPA's and daily serving series etc. Trillium can't ship their beers here so it makes a ton of sense, just gotta get them to feel the same way.

Trillium feels like it's going to open up at some rooftop biergarten in Brooklyn honestly...but who knows. At least they could ship to you from there though...

Trillium’s Dialed In- Sauvignon blanc is my favorite beer. I wish it was one of their regulars. Gonna make a run to Canton the next time I see that it’s available.

Has anybody tried any of the low-priced craft beers and German lagers now available at New York State Aldi stores? The Wild Range IPA is pretty good, or great when considering it's 6 bucks for a six pack. A comparable one is twice that.

Tree House is opening a brewery in Saratoga Springs?!?!
Where? I saw an article that said RT 9 south of town. Did they buy Murphy’s?

I love making fun of beer snobs but I must admit that Julius definitely lives up to the hype.

Where? I saw an article that said RT 9 south of town. Did they buy Murphy’s?

I love making fun of beer snobs but I must admit that Julius definitely lives up to the hype.
I’m not sure exactly where, but I can ask a friend who lives in Saratoga. I’m sure he’ll know.

I stumbled upon a new beer from Omegang today. Guessing it’s a small batch. It’s called “Gnomeagang”. It’s a 9% blonde ale. Probably the tastiest 9% beer I’ve ever had. I’m trying to buy up inventory in the capital area before it’s discontinued.
Check out Ommegang’s website. They say it’s going to be one of their year-round brews…not just seasonal.

And I agree that it is excellent…I really enjoy Belgian beers and Gnomeagang is as good or better than most.

Check out Ommegang’s website. They say it’s going to be one of their year-round brews…not just seasonal.

And I agree that it is excellent…I really enjoy Belgian beers and Gnomeagang is as good or better than most.

I thought I had posted this before, so I did a search and nothing came up. I really liked their Rare Vos.

I thought I had posted this before, so I did a search and nothing came up. I really liked their Rare Vos.
I really like Rare Vos. I have a new favorite that I tried when I was there, this fall. Belgian Essence, a tripel that I hadn't seen before.

Any of you guys into Christmas beers? I think Mad Elf by Troeg's is outstanding. And at 10% ABV, it’s not one to be chugging down while watching a FB game. More like sipping a fine wine…
The local Wegmans here in PA carries it, so I wonder if they carry it in CNY stores.

Any of you guys into Christmas beers? I think Mad Elf by Troeg's is outstanding. And at 10% ABV, it’s not one to be chugging down while watching a FB game. More like sipping a fine wine…
The local Wegmans here in PA carries it, so I wonder if they carry it in CNY stores.
Pretty sure 721Comstock is enjoying one of those right now.

Reactions: FAL

Nothing flashy, but one of my go tos for this season is the Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale.

JackBauer44 mentioned Gnomegang above. I gotta try that now.

I tried their other seasonal "Everything Nice" the other day. It's also a strong blonde ale and If you like the Christmas themed spices, you'll enjoy it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom