Rewatched the game, one thing I haven’t seen mentioned …….. | Syracusefan.com

Rewatched the game, one thing I haven’t seen mentioned ……..

florange44

Scout Team
Sorry if I missed the discussion, but our contain was awful in the Stanford game. I counted 7 times we lost contain to the right, and 2 more to the left, in the FIRST HALF!

We should have known the QB liked to roll right, yet we let him do it whenever he wanted, and with great success. A few times Diggs got too far upfield and they ran inside of him but still outside of the rest of the defense. Even if you don’t count those times, it was still terrible defense. Multiple times we were rushing only 3 with no pressure to speak of and lost contain.

obviously, we need to clean this up or we’re gonna have a hard time winning the remaining games, most of which will be very even matches.

Florange44

Sorry if I missed the discussion, but our contain was awful in the Stanford game. I counted 7 times we lost contain to the right, and 2 more to the left, in the FIRST HALF!

We should have known the QB liked to roll right, yet we let him do it whenever he wanted, and with great success. A few times Diggs got too far upfield and they ran inside of him but still outside of the rest of the defense. Even if you don’t count those times, it was still terrible defense. Multiple times we were rushing only 3 with no pressure to speak of and lost contain.

obviously, we need to clean this up or we’re gonna have a hard time winning the remaining games, most of which will be very even matches.

Florange44
Yeah i saw that we line up in gap between Tackle and end. makes easy downblock from te to get too outside. That must be a A and M thing cause i rarely watched Georgia do that.

Florange44

My one “dig” on Diggs is that he consistently gets too deep rushing and allows for this.

Very bad combo with rushing qbs and we are going to take on more than a few in the coming weeks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom