Rewatching BC because..need Cuse FB! | Syracusefan.com

Rewatching BC because..need Cuse FB!

The Ack

Walk On
With this unbearable and well-deserved break in the action for the season I rewatched the Cuse BC game tonight. A few things that jumped to mind...

*Eric Dungey - absolute monster. Context - absolutely no thought he'd play until just before kickoff. 6 TDs. How do you defend him other than through injury? Running, passing ,out-thinking you, out-toughing you (and your secondary, wink wink BC), drawing you offside to a comical level at the most critical point in the game. Multiple times. He's beating teams on every level. Just a football player

*Physicality - we played fast, we played aggressively, and we ran right over BC on both sides of the ball. Before this game there was doubt in my mind about how we'd handle a November matchup outdoors in the NE vs a team like BC. Big time statement to boss BC at their own game, in their own place. Didn't think I'd see that this year, especially after Clemson and PITT.

*Secondary - not sure I'm on the Syracuse Jackboys as a nickname train but that crew just dude'd all over Addazio's offense. Trill with the ridiculous pick in the 3rd; Cisco in the 4th. These guys are legit.

*Seniors - Dino calls them out frequently and rightfully so. There isnt a Senior on this squad who I haven't rung my hands at over the last 4-5 years but watching these guys develop and seeing them earn respect is just about the most gratifying thing I've ever been lucky enough to witness. Whitner, Slayton, Dungey, Strickland, Custis etc. Couldnt be prouder. And a lot of the developmental credit has to go to...

HCDB - coolest coach I've ever seen on the sideline. Always in control, obviously connected to the players and maybe it's me, but with the shades on, always reminds me of Morpheus from The Matrix. Which is so appropriate because this team has made me choose the red pill and experience the reality of what the future could hold for this program. And, as I see it, the future is so bright we'll all need shades.

Can not wait to watch us crush WVU and get our 10th win. By a team picked to finish at the bottom of the ACC. Unbelievable.

SUalldway

All Conference
With this unbearable and well-deserved break in the action for the season I rewatched the Cuse BC game tonight. A few things that jumped to mind...

*Eric Dungey - absolute monster. Context - absolutely no thought he'd play until just before kickoff. 6 TDs. How do you defend him other than through injury? Running, passing ,out-thinking you, out-toughing you (and your secondary, wink wink BC), drawing you offside to a comical level at the most critical point in the game. Multiple times. He's beating teams on every level. Just a football player

*Physicality - we played fast, we played aggressively, and we ran right over BC on both sides of the ball. Before this game there was doubt in my mind about how we'd handle a November matchup outdoors in the NE vs a team like BC. Big time statement to boss BC at their own game, in their own place. Didn't think I'd see that this year, especially after Clemson and PITT.

*Secondary - not sure I'm on the Syracuse Jackboys as a nickname train but that crew just dude'd all over Addazio's offense. Trill with the ridiculous pick in the 3rd; Cisco in the 4th. These guys are legit.

*Seniors - Dino calls them out frequently and rightfully so. There isnt a Senior on this squad who I haven't rung my hands at over the last 4-5 years but watching these guys develop and seeing them earn respect is just about the most gratifying thing I've ever been lucky enough to witness. Whitner, Slayton, Dungey, Strickland, Custis etc. Couldnt be prouder. And a lot of the developmental credit has to go to...

HCDB - coolest coach I've ever seen on the sideline. Always in control, obviously connected to the players and maybe it's me, but with the shades on, always reminds me of Morpheus from The Matrix. Which is so appropriate because this team has made me choose the red pill and experience the reality of what the future could hold for this program. And, as I see it, the future is so bright we'll all need shades.

Can not wait to watch us crush WVU and get our 10th win. By a team picked to finish at the bottom of the ACC. Unbelievable.
All those "experts" that picked the Orange to finish at the bottom of the ACC (Andrea Adelson, etc.) -
They didn't know!

LeMoyneCuse

All American
All those "experts" that picked the Orange to finish at the bottom of the ACC (Andrea Adelson, etc.) -
They didn't know!
Every feel good story turns it around at some point, usually when no one is expecting it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kquse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom