Rewatching the cuse/duke game | Syracusefan.com

Rewatching the cuse/duke game

Briancuse

Living Legend
From the win in Cameron. Have seen it 7 times it really never gets old. Makes you wonder if we had that offensive effort in half our games this year where this team could have gone. And how did pc channel his inner hakeem olajuaon for that game?

I have rewatched that game as well. I wasn't expecting Pascal to replicate that performance but it did make me wonder why we couldn't get that Tyus Battle all the time. He was aggressive and assertive and attacking the rim. I'm not saying scoring 30 a night or something but I just don't get where he would go in some games.

Not a popular opinion, but our offense that game outside of going 11/25 from 3 was no different than the rest of the season. We shot 43% overall and turned it over 15 times. On the year we shot 42% averaged 12 turnovers a game.

We held Duke to 38% shooting. The defense won the game. The game was high scoring because of the pace, not special offensive play. We had 81 possessions in regulation. On the season we averaged 66 possessions per game.

I have rewatched that game as well. I wasn't expecting Pascal to replicate that performance but it did make me wonder why we couldn't get that Tyus Battle all the time. He was aggressive and assertive and attacking the rim. I'm not saying scoring 30 a night or something but I just don't get where he would go in some games.
Downhill Battle. He's a different player.

We also need to factor in no Reddish and essentially no Tre Jones. Jack White isn't exactly Tre Jones, in any way.

We also need to factor in no Reddish and essentially no Tre Jones. Jack White isn't exactly Tre Jones, in any way.
Reddish isn't that good and tre Jones is good he's not jason kidd.

Reddish isn't that good and tre Jones is good he's not jason kidd.

You're right. Reddish is only a lottery pick, or at worst, borderline lottery pick.

And Jones had 6 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists and a steal in all of 6 minutes in that game. He was absolutely destroying us on both ends. Our offense couldn't get started because of him. He went out and Jack White came in and couldn't throw the ball in the ocean. Remove your orange colored glasses on this one.

You're right. Reddish is only a lottery pick, or at worst, borderline lottery pick.

And Jones had 6 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists and a steal in all of 6 minutes in that game. He was absolutely destroying us on both ends. Our offense couldn't get started because of him. He went out and Jack White came in and couldn't throw the ball in the ocean. Remove your orange colored glasses on this one.

With those two down, OConnell played a lot more and he killed us. We gotta mention that too.

Reddish is a potential lottery pick on potential, but he wasn’t that good of a college player yet. He would’ve certainly helped them defensively though, in that game.

With those two down, OConnell played a lot more and he killed us. We gotta mention that too.

Reddish is a potential lottery pick on potential, but he wasn’t that good of a college player yet. He would’ve certainly helped them defensively though, in that game.

That is certainly true. But I like our chances with O'Connell and White as opposed to Reddish and Jones.

PC had the game of his life, Battle hit countless tough shots and Hughes tossed in a 75 footer. Those things and Duke down 2 key guys played a large role in the outcome. Being objective, we had to go have a lot go right to win.

All said, it was certainly great to get that W.

It was our superbowl?

We have a guy at work who works remotely from NC and went to Duke and we usually have some pre and post gameday jabs and jest... After that game, his safe spot assessment was "We get everyones' best games... Occasionally we lose one."

Came off both undeniably arrogant and probably undeniably true, TBH...

Reddish will be the biggest lottery bust. Hasn't improved one bit since high school. His game is utter trash and I'm praying the Lakers don't waste a draft pick on another bust.

Reddish will be the biggest lottery bust. Hasn't improved one bit since high school. His game is utter trash and I'm praying the Lakers don't waste a draft pick on another bust.
Looks like a player the Knicks will trade for. :p

Jones had 2 pts, 0 rebs and 2 assts. He did have 4 steals. 3 off Carey I think, who didn’t come back in.

Kwami Brown was a lottery pick what's your point?

Kwami Brown was a lottery pick what's your point?

If we're going to cherry pick, so was Lebron.

My point is he was a solid player who didn't play that night. And Jack White went 0-10. I don't understand why it's so difficult to admit we had something work in our favor.

Jones had 2 pts, 0 rebs and 2 assts. He did have 4 steals. 3 off Carey I think, who didn’t come back in.

I completely looked at the wrong game. My bad! But you're right - he had 4 steals. He wreaked havoc on the defensive end.

If we're going to cherry pick, so was Lebron.

My point is he was a solid player who didn't play that night. And Jack White went 0-10. I don't understand why it's so difficult to admit we had something work in our favor.
They had 2 of the first 3 picks in the draft and other McDonald's all Americans. We didn't have our best player in the acct.

Dude, you're harshing his Melo [sic].

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom