Rhino and Thompson out for the season | Syracusefan.com

Rhino and Thompson out for the season

FrancoPizza

2018 Iggy Leading Minutes Per Game Winner
Anyone have an idea where this stands? I think this is arguably the biggest injury question mark coming out of the game. Our D is looking good but depth will always bite us later in the season if key guys don’t stay healthy.

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Won't know until Dino's presser on Monday.

And we might not know anything then.

On the post-game radio, Dino told Matt Park that he'd like to get him back in a few games. If not, he'll just have to improvise.

They usually don't do MRI's until the swelling goes down a few days after the injury.

FreakTalksAboutSU

All American
Same question re Elmore? Assuming same answer.

Hoping he can get back down the road

CU44SE

Starter
Elmore grabbed for his knee immediately. That one didn’t look good. Looked like Thompson grabbed for his ankle. Hoping that was just a high ankle sprain. But obviously that is several weeks and lingers the whole year. Thompson the bigger loss in my opinion. I appreciate rhino but I think we are too 1 dimensional when he is in the game.

Cuse'91

All Conference
Elmore grabbed for his knee immediately. That one didn’t look good. Looked like Thompson grabbed for his ankle. Hoping that was just a high ankle sprain. But obviously that is several weeks and lingers the whole year. Thompson the bigger loss in my opinion. I appreciate rhino but I think we are too 1 dimensional when he is in the game.
Thompson is heart breaking. I thought he reach for lower leg too. Maybe, Achilles?

PhatOrange

Living Legend
Didn't Thompson get cheap shotted by the OL who was ejected?

That's the 1st time I've seen an OL get tossed for targeting.

No I think that’s what the announcers said on the air but Thompson was a few players before that he looked like he planted to make the tackle on a Cunningham cut back and then dropped to the ground. I thought the cheap shot was on a different player. All unconfirmed I have to watch the tape again was really hard to see.

The lineman was furious he got tossed too and I don’t believe he ever left the sideline.

mlbball99

2nd String
FWIW, i was watching Mikel Jones live instagram feed celebration in the post game locker room. Rhino was moving around on his feed and Jones said to him “Soldier only out for a game and hell be back” and Rhino said ”Yessir”.

Could mean nothing, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Thompson is a huge huge loss. I really am hoping he could come back, he is a huge huge piece.

CU44SE

Starter
Didn't Thompson get cheap shotted by the OL who was ejected?

That's the 1st time I've seen an OL get tossed for targeting.
No that was lineman on lineman, but not sure which one of our guys took the shot. The other shot was on G Williams. Thompson was going to make the tackle and the guy came back across the field so he went to switch directions and his body just kept going and he kind of slid to the ground. It could very well be Achilles I guess. It was a bizarre injury. Nothing really showed on replay except for him grabbing for his lower leg not knee.

wfschrec

Minister Of Defense
No that was lineman on lineman, but not sure which one of our guys took the shot. The other shot was on G Williams. Thompson was going to make the tackle and the guy came back across the field so he went to switch directions and his body just kept going and he kind of slid to the ground. It could very well be Achilles I guess. It was a bizarre injury. Nothing really showed on replay except for him grabbing for his lower leg not knee.
Geer is the one that took the shot on the targeting call.

TheHaze315

All Conference
It’s already been said here, but Thompson obviously is an unbelievable ball player and we won’t be able to replace what he brings to the team, it was non contact on a plant which is never good, but i’ll be hoping his ankle just turned the wrong way and that’s what he was actually grabbing for.

upperdeck

Living Legend
thompson was on crutches with elmore on the sideline.. I think Geer was the one who got clocked because the trainers took him to the locker room during the replay review.

Orangezoo

In the wind
Gotta hope Thompson is MCL at worst and comes clean on ACL/PCL. My old torn ACL flinched when I saw it though. As anyone else who has been through that knows. Hoping for the best but looked no Bueno to me.

BVille44

Starter
Thompson and his parents were on the field at the end of the game on crutches. He had a brace on his knee. I assume he and Elmore have serious knee injuries.

jgeorge322

Hall of Fame
No I think that’s what the announcers said on the air but Thompson was a few players before that he looked like he planted to make the tackle on a Cunningham cut back and then dropped to the ground. I thought the cheap shot was on a different player. All unconfirmed I have to watch the tape again was really hard to see.

The lineman was furious he got tossed too and I don’t believe he ever left the sideline.

Thompson got hurt on the same play as the targeting. However, it wasn’t the lineman that hit him. He was running at the ball but tried switching directions when the play was going outside. Hoping it is an ankle as well…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ACE64

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom