Ridiculous that this game tips at 9:23 | Syracusefan.com

Ridiculous that this game tips at 9:23

Marsh01

Living Legend
F the west coast people. This game should be played at 8:00. When asked what time the game was on by my 11 year old and after hearing 9:23 (and knowing he was not going to be able to watch it) he said "well that sucks".

I agree.

Totally agree. 9:23 is an absolute joke. No reason it can't be at 8:30 like the BCS title game.

F the west coast people. This game should be played at 8:00. When asked what time the game was on by my 11 year old and after hearing 9:23 (and knowing he was not going to be able to watch it) he said "well that sucks".

I agree.
Give him a transistor radio and let him listen to the game under the covers.

Let the little guy stay up. Make him think he has to go to bed and surprise him with getting to watch the second half. Loved when my parents did that for me when I was a kid. Still remember watching the games with them - wouldn't remember going to bed.

Let the little guy stay up. Make him think he has to go to bed and surprise him with getting to watch the second half. Loved when my parents did that for me when I was a kid. Still remember watching the games with them - wouldn't remember going to bed.

He's got a huge social test tomorrow. Aint happening.

I agree.
I never understood it. It's the only sporting event I can think of that starts at 9:23. 830 would be fine.

I agree.

Central time has its advantages. ; )

But agree 100%.

It starts at 10:23 where I live so it won't be over until 12:30 - I usually don't watch these games.

Its on the radio in his room.
Christ, I hope John Thompson isn't doing the game. Poor kid will be scarred for life.

96.5% of the population lives on the east coast. Ridiculous start time

I agree.
I have no complaints - makes up for all of the games I had to watch on TiVo this year because of those darn 4:00 start times.

F those east coast people ;)

The game will get over the say time of any college fball or monday football game- which start at 8- 830

It's stupid how the Final Four is on Saturday and Monday night.

It should be Friday night and Sunday prime time.

Well, at least it's over by 10:00.

UK doing us east coasters a solid here.

Totally agree. 9:23 is an absolute joke. No reason it can't be at 8:30 like the BCS title game.

The BCS title game starts an hour earlier because it's gonna go for 3 and a half to 4 hours. This game starts at 9:25 and it's still only going for 2 hours 15 minutes or so (unless overtime)

So even starting an hour earlier, the BCS title game ends later.

FWIW, more people will be watching a game at 11:30 than at 8:30. I've done first-hand research on this, and it's been consistent for years. The networks aren't stupid.

Oh, and I'll pre-empt the "but think of the children!!!" reply. Kids and teens watch later start time more than earlier times too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom