RIP Al Davis | Syracusefan.com

RIP Al Davis

Hopefully TGD got some money out of him prior to this.

Good riddance, if true.
Classless to rip an alum right when they die. Al may have been stubborn, but he was a true visionary and was always good to Syracuse. When someone dies unless they are pure evil (Hitler, Osama)if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all. RIP Mr. Davis

Sad to hear. They just showed him on TV during the Raiders game last week, he looked like he always has.

Hopefully, SU was able to get in the will.

As a lifelong Raiders fan, I feel about Al the way I imagine most PSU fans feel about JoPa at this point. He clearly hurt the Raiders in the later years, but he WAS the Raiders. Everything we loved (or hated) about them was his doing, so you just have to take it as it is. Sad day, IMO.

Good riddance, if true.
U are a douche bag, what did he ever do to intervene in your pathetic existence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a lifelong Raiders fan, I feel about Al the way I imagine most PSU fans feel about JoPa at this point. He clearly hurt the Raiders in the later years, but he WAS the Raiders. Everything we loved (or hated) about them was his doing, so you just have to take it as it is. Sad day, IMO.

Exactly. Any Raiders fan (or NFL football fan) happy that Mr Davis passed is utterly shortsighted and easily influenced by the past few years.

As a Bills fan, you hear the occasional "When's Ralph gonna finally kick it and leave the team to someone who cares?" comment on a radio show after a Bills loss, especially the last few years, but to really feel that way is completely forgetting that guys like Al Davis and Ralph Wilson are themselves responsible for NFL football itself...and that's no hyperbole! Without them you don't even have a hometown team to root for. And the feeling around Buffalo when the Bills are finally winning is electric and unlike anything else...evident in how Bills Nation has reacted to this years team and how we have embraced them.

RIP Mr Davis and long live Mr Wilson.

Good riddance, if true.
Wow.

An SU alum who has given money to the University.

The guy who helped make the AFL a great league and in turn helped make the NFL the dynamo it is today.

A brilliant football man.

A guy who exercised his right as an American to operate his business under the law to maximize his profit.

A guy who showed tremendous loyalty to those who played for the Raiders.

He had his faults, no doubt, but he was a special man.

U are a douche bag, what did he ever do to intervene in your pathetic existence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This coming from the clown who rips our players indiscriminately while having temper tantrums in the chat rooms. You are the epitome of a douche bag, Antz.

And alum or no, Davis is someone that I do not respect as a function of his personal conduct, and how he ran his organization. If you feel otherwise--great, but spare me the kumbaya circle.

At the end of the day, al Davis owned the raiders and he can or could do whatever the f he wanted to do with his team and he did that. If people didn't like it, root for another team or go buy your own, plain and simple. I don't see why people had such a hard time with this... Al answered to nobody and always liked about him

Wow.

An SU alum who has given money to the University.

The guy who helped make the AFL a great league and in turn helped make the NFL the dynamo it is today.

Agree 100% opa..

A brilliant football man.

A guy who exercised his right as an American to operate his business under the law to maximize his profit.

A guy who showed tremendous loyalty to those who played for the Raiders.

He had his faults, no doubt, but he was a special man.

This coming from the clown who rips our players indiscriminately while having temper tantrums in the chat rooms. You are the epitome of a douche bag, Antz.

And alum or no, Davis is someone that I do not respect as a function of his personal conduct, and how he ran his organization. If you feel otherwise--great, but spare me the kumbaya circle.

Ripping a player who isn't performing isn't in the same hemisphere as cheering on someone's death. But to each his own I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom