RIP Alex Trebek | Syracusefan.com

RIP Alex Trebek

I think we all knew this day was coming but it is still a very sad day.

I like Jeopardy. Have watched it maybe once a week since I was a kid. Alex has been a constant for so long seeming to always be ageless; the ultimate professional. I bet he was one of the top 20 most respected and loved TV personalities of this generation.

Condolences to his family and friends. It was a long and glorious run.

Last edited:
I think we all knew this day was coming but it is still a very sad day.

I like Jeopardy. Have watched it maybe once a week since I was a kid. Alex has been a constant for so long seeming less ageless; the ultimate professional. I bet he was one of the top 20 most respected and loved TV personalities of this generation.

Condolences to his family and friends. It was a long and glorious run.
Well said. He was an institution. RIP, Alex.

This makes me very sad. I've watched Jeopardy! since Art Fleming was the host. I love the show, and have watched it daily for decades. Alex became synonymous with the show. His sense of humor, empathy, and knowledge made him, IMO, the best game show host ever.

Even though we all expected this was coming, this is still a gut punch. He fought the good fight, and was open and transparent about what he was going through. And through it all, he seemed upbeat about his fate.

RIP, Alex. Thanks for all the entertainment.

Wait...Trebeck and Connery both died within days of each other?

Anyone else who was prominently spoofed on SNL celebrity jeopardy should probably be worried. But celebrity jeopardy Trebeck and Connery’s beef was just legendary and hilarious. This unfortunately is on brand for 2020.

Wait...Trebeck and Connery both died within days of each other?

Anyone else who was prominently spoofed on SNL celebrity jeopardy should probably be worried. But celebrity jeopardy Trebeck and Connery’s beef was just legendary and hilarious. This unfortunately is on brand for 2020.
"I'll take All The seMen for 200, Trebek"

Really sad to hear this, though it was obviously inevitable and he handled this with grace.

I'm more sad for my 96-year-old next-door neighbor, who's got a crush on Trebek and whose huge TV, without fail, has Jeopardy! on it every weeknight at the same time. (I got a question right through the window the other night, I was pretty pumped.)

Really sad to hear this, though it was obviously inevitable and he handled this with grace.

I'm more sad for my 96-year-old next-door neighbor, who's got a crush on Trebek and whose huge TV, without fail, has Jeopardy! on it every weeknight at the same time. (I got a question right through the window the other night, I was pretty pumped.)
You can tell her (him?) episodes with Alex that have already been recorded will be shown. They will last through (close to) the end of December.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom