RIP Aretha Franklin | Syracusefan.com

RIP Aretha Franklin

A voice for the ages. RIP, Aretha.

She really had an unbelievable and pure voice. Technically too she was amazing. There are some early songs I recently heard in the early-mid 60s (before Respect) when she first signed with Columbia Records. Stunning. Some of those faster, energetic ones with crazy and high leaps. Pure.

She really had an unbelievable and pure voice. Technically too she was amazing. There are some early songs I recently heard in the early-mid 60s (before Respect) when she first signed with Columbia Records. Stunning. Some of those faster, energetic ones with crazy and high leaps. Pure.

She had a powerful voice. A unique style, but what always grabbed me was the way she would phrase the lyrics. She gave them nuance and feeling.

She had a powerful voice. A unique style, but what always grabbed me was the way she would phrase the lyrics. She gave them nuance and feeling.

Absolutely. Highly recommend finding if available the NPR episode (Aug 16?) the day after she died. Terry Gross replays an interview from 1999 she did with Aretha. A really interesting journey through her life with some GREAT choices of songs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom