RIP Billy Fuccillo | Syracusefan.com

RIP Billy Fuccillo

Frozen

2022 Cali Winner (Rushing Yards)
39DDC298-201A-43CB-B9A5-7E9ADBC3E5D1.jpeg

Wow. I'm sure for a guy with that type of catch phrase he lived it up every moment.

Met him once at Saratoga National golf course. He remarked about my SU golf bag which spurred a 10 minute conversation. We had several common SU aquantences. Seemed like a down to earth guy and not the somewhat obnoxious guy on his commercials.

Last edited:
He was rumored to be in ill health for some time now. That came as a result of him disappearing from commercials and also selling off numerous dealerships around the country.

Yep exactly. Woke up first thing this morning to the news. Already reached out to Jr to pass along my thoughts and prayers.

Met him once at Saratoga National golf course. He remarked about my SU golf bag which spurred a 10 minute conversation. We had several common SU aquantences. Seemed like a down to earth guy and not the somewhat obnoxious guy on his commerials.

Great and giving guy. He was a presence when he entered a room but commercial was him dialed up x2.

Former SU football player. Not sure he was really supportive of the program but he, like many former SU football players, was very successful in business after his experiences on the hill. Someone is teaching a lot of our football players how to win in life after football.

RIP Billy.

I used to caddy for Mr. Fuccillo at a golf club when I was a kid. He was hands down the most generous person in the club. He didn't come in often but when he did he would create a buzz like Rodney Dangerfield in Caddy Shack. Not only was he generous but he also was a nice guy and treated the staff with respect. Sorry to learn of his passing.

Last edited:
One of the most interesting people I’ve ever met. 100% schtick. Off camera very nice and Treated his employees very well.

Watched him record about a half dozen :30 second commercials in about 10 minutes, no scripts (shocking I know)!

In between takes he dropped about 30 f bombs (verbs, nouns, adjectives, pronouns).

But as others have said - super generous.

He also loved to poke his competitors and he pulled of some of the greatest stunts just to piss them off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom