RIP Chris Gedney | Syracusefan.com

RIP Chris Gedney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stern

All American
Nothing really to add. This news is making me very sad

Looks like it could have been pain killers. From twitter:

Today, my good friend and former Teammate at Syracuse, Chris Gedney, couldn't take the pain any longer. His daughter found his body. I'm in shock and don't know how to explain. The same doctor who did to me did to him. He should be in jail.

Sounds like the Twitter suggests overprescription of painkillers by a Dr. Feelgood.

I am so sad. Maybe some good can come from it if a pill mill gets shut down due to this.

But...so young. RIP Chris.

This is a horrendous situation, just terrible. I'm so sorry for the family and friends of a tremendous human being.

Just so very, very sad. I hope his family can somehow stay strong though this very difficult time.

Such incredibly sad news. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

A special guy. So tragic and sad. He had such a long and painful battle against Crohn’s disease that ended his NFL career too soon. :( RIP and love to his beautiful young family.
I am in shock. Another CCF gone. I don't know if this is where his pain came from, or if it was from football or a combo of, but we did talk about his illness when I saw him in October. He had had a relapse, but said he was doing well. I know my son has asked for pain meds before. When he had his surgery a few years ago, he was in the hospital for 14 days and on morphine the whole time. He lives on medical marijuana, and this is EXACTLY why this drug needs to be nationally legal and available. My son also very seldom eats food, just ensures. Crohn's and Colitis sucks. I would give anything for a cure or some sort of relief for my son.

Very sad to hear about. Nothing on Syracuse.com yet that I see. He was a Syracuse legend. Always represented the City and the University well.

I am in shock. Another CCF gone. I don't know if this is where his pain came from, or if it was from football or a combo of, but we did talk about his illness when I saw him in October. He had had a relapse, but said he was doing well. I know my son has asked for pain meds before. When he had his surgery a few years ago, he was in the hospital for 14 days and on morphine the whole time. He lives on medical marijuana, and this is EXACTLY why this drug needs to be nationally legal and available. My son also very seldom eats food, just ensures. Crohn's and Colitis sucks. I would give anything for a cure or some sort of relief for my son.
Not a good day.
Crohn's is truly awful. At least with colitis (which I suffered from) there is a cure - a colectomy. Heart goes out to all intestinal disorder sufferers. We know from where you speak.

Just wow...sad for him and family...damn tough...rip man

Whoa that's insane... just a year older than me... I remember him around campus. Way too young. Tragic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors