RIP Eddie Van Halen *** | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

RIP Eddie Van Halen ***

The thing about EVH, is that anyone could or should have recognized what he was. I am 100% metal/ hard rock/ classic rock guy, and could never stand VH. But as a musician, I knew what he was, what he meant, and what he inspired. Huge loss to the music world.

I think I had you beat.

I was tending bar that Summer, so my peeps and I didn't show up at the Dome until after 2 AM the day tickets went on sale. We got our names on a waiting list, and there must have been a hundred people ahead of me. Maybe more.

When it got close to the time the Dome was going to open, it became pretty obvious that the wait list was out the window and it would be every man for himself. Sure enough, they made it through the first 10-20 names, and then abandoned all hope.

There was a mad scramble to get through Gate A and line up in the concourse to the box office at Gate B. It became a mob, and any barriers they had set up to keep the lines orderly were knocked over.

Dome management began pushing people back into one single file line along the outer wall of the concourse. As luck would have it, we just happened to be standing in front of the Men's room.

We hid out for maybe 20 minutes until the noise outside died down, and simply got in line in front of the Men's room entrance.

I think we ended up in Row 15.

Kids today have no clue how much trouble you could get into while camping out for tickets. :D

used to wait in line at the panhandler for tickets

78 or 79 journey was playing at the war memorial, things got out of hand and the ticket office shut down after 5 minutes

Yeah... I’m a sucker. I think this is a beautiful tribute from a son to his father. If you’re eyes don’t get misty at the end, I don’t know what to say.
His kid was very good on Howard yesterday. Talented guy for sure.

I know that this isn’t a directly related post to EVH, but I just wanted to say that I’ve seen Wolfgang Van Halen (Mammoth WVH) twice in concert and he does his father proud. He’s a talented dude. Go see him and support his career on merit alone.

I know that this isn’t a directly related post to EVH, but I just wanted to say that I’ve seen Wolfgang Van Halen (Mammoth WVH) twice in concert and he does his father proud. He’s a talented dude. Go see him and support his career on merit alone.
Just saw him also opening for Alter Bridge. I came out impressed. He has a really good voice.

Is he still playing with Sammy Hagar in Circle?

Wolfgang wolfing down some donuts. let's face it that name does take you places.

Did he ever? Michael Anthony of VH is his bass player.
I was thinking about it after I saw a response earlier. I was mixing him up with Bonham's kid. Wrong talented offspring!

Just saw him also opening for Alter Bridge. I came out impressed. He has a really good voice.
BTW - I also saw WVH & Alter Bridge twice on this tour. Great bill. AB is solid.

BTW - I also saw WVH & Alter Bridge twice on this tour. Great bill. AB is solid.
I loved Creed. I'm sure you know this is just Creed minus Stapp. Mark Tremonti is incredibly underrated. His solo project "Tremonti" is killer. If you haven't already, look up Tremonti sings Sinatra. Unbelievable performance, with Franks surviving band members.

Mark Tremonti - My Way (Frank Sinatra Cover)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom