RIP Greg Robinson | Syracusefan.com

RIP Greg Robinson

OMG. That's awful. Maybe he wasn't cut out to be a head coach, but he was a decent man trying his best.

I will never forget, after beating Notre Dame in South Bend, and was being interviewed, he paused the interview on live television until after the ND band finished playing their alma mater. Very classy. I knew right then, regardless of his coaching prowess, he was a good man.

RIP, Coach.

Last edited:
Good man gone too soon. A winner in the game of life even if he did not have the same fortunate as a head coach. Hope in heaven he goes 12-0. Feel terrible for his son and the rest of the family. Alzheimer's needs to be stopped.

OMG. That's awful. Maybe he wasn't cut out to be a head coach, but he was a decent man trying his best.

I will never forget, after beating Notre Dame in South Bend, and was being interviewed, he paused the interview until after the ND band finished playing their alma mater. Very classy. I knew right then, regardless of his coaching prowess, he was a good man.

RIP, Coach.

I'll never forget that day. Whatever he did to get that team ready to play as a 20 plus point underdog was something i'll never forget. Being there at ND was a bucket list thing for me. He added to my enjoyment for 3 hours in 10 degree weather.

RIP Coach. Hope you find peace

I ran into him at Barnes and Noble in Dewitt a few days after his day's here were done. I said "Good luck in whatever you do next Coach" He smiled and said thanks. Regardless of performance, the dude was a gracious guy.
During his time here I gave him a large framed successories portrait of Vince Lombardi with one of his favorite/famous speeches in a sort of good luck both here and after moment at a team dinner.

He was so gracious and thankful for it being of the era he was from. As others have said he was a decent, honorable and good person, sad news to hear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom