RIP Peggy Lipton | Syracusefan.com

RIP Peggy Lipton

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Sad to hear. Lot of younger people might not know her but she was a very popular actress on a very timely show during a turbulent time in this country. And during the early 70's she married Quincy Jones when there were very few inter racial marriages. Stepped away from hollywood for a while to raise two daughters, one of whom is Rashida Jones.

Actress Peggy Lipton, star of ‘The Mod Squad’ and ‘Twin Peaks,’ dies at 72

Last edited:
I had a number of male friends back then who ranked her up there with the top 5 (3?) contemporary female public figures that they would like to get to know better. She was popular among the young adult male population. I don't think any of them mentioned her acting ability?

She was a very attractive lady.

She was great as Norma Jennings on Twin Peaks. “Damn fine pie” as Dale Cooper would say.

back in an era of very few shows it was top 30 but then there were only 3 stations and not more than 50+ shows at that time. it wouldnt have lasted 2 yrs in todays climate with those ratings.

when i look at the numbers from back in the 68-73 time frame i watched a ton of those shows in the top 30. but Mod squad/Julia/F.B.I were about the only ones I dont think i watched much.. i dont recall ever even hearing of Julia.

Without DVR and usually houses had 1 tv so you didnt watch 2 at the same time like today.

back in an era of very few shows it was top 30 but then there were only 3 stations and not more than 50+ shows at that time. it wouldnt have lasted 2 yrs in todays climate with those ratings.

when i look at the numbers from back in the 68-73 time frame i watched a ton of those shows in the top 30. but Mod squad/Julia/F.B.I were about the only ones I dont think i watched much.. i dont recall ever even hearing of Julia.

Without DVR and usually houses had 1 tv so you didnt watch 2 at the same time like today.
I watched Julia. Could have been the 1st series that starred a black women. Also watched FBI with Efrem Zimbelist Jr. I thought everyone watched that. My favorite was Dragnet. Just the facts, ma'am.

i watched whatever the parents had on. i really dont remember watching FBI at all. many of the shows I remember as a kid were because they became reruns, like Gilligans island was gone before i was watching much nightly but it was on every day mid 70s.

julia won best TV actress golden globe and gone a yr later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom