RIP R2D2 | Syracusefan.com

RIP R2D2

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Kenny Baker, the British actor who played R2-D2 in the Star Wars films has died at the age of 83 after a long illness.

2745.jpg

Kenny Baker, actor behind R2-D2, dies

True story: I once had a brief surreal altercation with Kenny when the Star Wars Celebration occurred in Indianapolis just 45 minutes away in 2005.

I was walking around and had to use the bathroom. The closest bathroom was in the autograph hall where many of the actors were signing. Kenny was one of them.

Let me set the stage. I walk in to the bathroom and there is one stall and 3 urinals. The stall is taken, and 2 of the urinals are normal sized and 1 is a "kiddie" urinal closer to the ground. The 2 normal ones are occupied and the kiddie one is free. So I head to the kid's urinal and start my business. Meanwhile, the 2 guys at the "normal" urinals and the guy in the stall finish up and exit leaving me stuck alone at the kid's urinal.

Into the bathroom walks Kenny Baker, the smallest little person I've ever seen, and he's standing behind me and tapping his tiny feet in anger with his arms crossed. As I turned around he looks up at me and says "Goddamnit buddy, next time use the one your own size!"

Rest in peace Kenny.

Ragman2000 said:
True story: I once had a brief surreal altercation with Kenny when the Star Wars Celebration occurred in Indianapolis just 45 minutes away in 2005. I was walking around and had to use the bathroom. The closest bathroom was in the autograph hall where many of the actors were signing. Kenny was one of them. Let me set the stage. I walk in to the bathroom and there is one stall and 3 urinals. The stall is taken, and 2 of the urinals are normal sized and 1 is a "kiddie" urinal closer to the ground. The 2 normal ones are occupied and the kiddie one is free. So I head to the kid's urinal and start my business. Meanwhile, the 2 guys at the "normal" urinals and the guy in the stall finish up and exit leaving me stuck alone at the kid's urinal. Into the bathroom walks Kenny Baker, the smallest little person I've ever seen, and he's standing behind me and tapping his tiny feet in anger with his arms crossed. As I turned around he looks up at me and says "Goddamnit buddy, next time use the one your own size!" Rest in peace Kenny.

That's hilarious. Incidentally nobody would have had to wait if they had pee troughs of course

True story: I once had a brief surreal altercation with Kenny when the Star Wars Celebration occurred in Indianapolis just 45 minutes away in 2005.

I was walking around and had to use the bathroom. The closest bathroom was in the autograph hall where many of the actors were signing. Kenny was one of them.

Let me set the stage. I walk in to the bathroom and there is one stall and 3 urinals. The stall is taken, and 2 of the urinals are normal sized and 1 is a "kiddie" urinal closer to the ground. The 2 normal ones are occupied and the kiddie one is free. So I head to the kid's urinal and start my business. Meanwhile, the 2 guys at the "normal" urinals and the guy in the stall finish up and exit leaving me stuck alone at the kid's urinal.

Into the bathroom walks Kenny Baker, the smallest little person I've ever seen, and he's standing behind me and tapping his tiny feet in anger with his arms crossed. As I turned around he looks up at me and says "Goddamnit buddy, next time use the one your own size!"

Rest in peace Kenny.
Should have said "I am. My "size" requires that I use one with the bottom closest to the ground for maximum depth."

Cool story though.