RIP Ralph Branca | Syracusefan.com

RIP Ralph Branca

Bobby Valentine's father in law, if I'm not mistaken. And a much-loved guy in Flatbush. Sad.
Yes, he was all that. He was a very good pitcher, too. Not many of the Boys of Summer are left now.

He used to be on the radio in NYC and I never realized who he was until well after he was off it.

Here's a real baseball trivia question; not one of those "who has the most triples on a Thursday with a full moon, modern era?"-type ones the the 10-year-olds ask on call-in shows.

Who was on deck when Thompson hit the home run? Answer tomorrow.

He used to be on the radio in NYC and I never realized who he was until well after he was off it.

Here's a real baseball trivia question; not one of those "who has the most triples on a Thursday with a full moon, modern era?"-type ones the the 10-year-olds ask on call-in shows.

Say Hey

Bobby Valentine's father in law, if I'm not mistaken. And a much-loved guy in Flatbush. Sad.

Yes he was, he was on with Francessa the other day, gave a great interview about him, I didn't realize Ralph was a great bball player also.

I believe it was Jackie Robinson.

I always wondered why there was so much emphasis on who threw the pitch to Thompson. Another Ralph, terry, threw the pitch to Mazeroski. Why didn't he live in ignominy? Why not Pat Darcy, (who threw Carlton Fisk's homer) or Mitch Williams, (Joe Carter), have to bear a cross? Who cares who threw the pitch?

I always wondered why there was so much emphasis on who threw the pitch to Thompson. Another Ralph, terry, threw the pitch to Mazeroski. Why didn't he live in ignominy? Why not Pat Darcy, (who threw Carlton Fisk's homer) or Mitch Williams, (Joe Carter), have to bear a cross? Who cares who threw the pitch?
I think a big part of it was because it was the Dodgers and Giants, and the Dodgers were again denied a chance at an elusive World Series title.

Ralph Terry also threw the final pitch of Game 7 in the 1962 World Series, but Willie McCovey's screaming line drive with runners on second and third was hit directly to Bobby Richardson to end the game 1-0.

I think a big part of it was because it was the Dodgers and Giants, and the Dodgers were again denied a chance at an elusive World Series title.

Ralph Terry also threw the final pitch of Game 7 in the 1962 World Series, but Willie McCovey's screaming line drive with runners on second and third was hit directly to Bobby Richardson to end the game 1-0.

I wonder how many pitchers have thrown the final pitch of two World Series.

And how would we remember Terry if Richardson hadn't caught that?

c6593de05f71012ee3c100163e41dd5b

Say Hey
We have a winner!! Mays always said he was pooping his pants thinking that they would intentionally walk Thompson to pitch to him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom