RIP - Scott Hutchison, Frightened Rabbit, lead singer | Syracusefan.com

RIP - Scott Hutchison, Frightened Rabbit, lead singer

CarolinaCuse

Starter
I don't know if anyone is a fan of Scottish band, Frightened Rabbit, but their lead singer was found dead of an apparent suicide today. Very sad. Struggled with mental health issues. Great band. Check out them out if you haven't. Recommended songs: The Woodpile, Get Out, Swim Until You Can't See Land (personal favorite), I Wish I Was Sober, Keep Yourself Warm.

Body confirmed as missing singer

"Dip a toe in the ocean, oh how it hardens and it numbs
The rest of me is a version of man built to collapse in crumbs
And if I hadn't come now to the coast to disappear
I may have died in a landslide of rocks and hopes and fears"

Swim Until You Can't See Land
-Scott Hutchison, 1981-2018 RIP

I don't know if anyone is a fan of Scottish band, Frightened Rabbit, but their lead singer was found dead of an apparent suicide today. Very sad. Struggled with mental health issues. Great band. Check out them out if you haven't. Recommended songs: The Woodpile, Get Out, Swim Until You Can't See Land (personal favorite), I Wish I Was Sober, Keep Yourself Warm.

Body confirmed as missing singer

"Dip a toe in the ocean, oh how it hardens and it numbs
The rest of me is a version of man built to collapse in crumbs
And if I hadn't come now to the coast to disappear
I may have died in a landslide of rocks and hopes and fears"

Swim Until You Can't See Land
-Scott Hutchison, 1981-2018 RIP
Seeing the Gord Downie thread made me search to see if there was anything on the forum about this. His suicide really messed me up for a few days. Midnight Organ Fight was a gamechanger for me.

Seeing the Gord Downie thread made me search to see if there was anything on the forum about this. His suicide really messed me up for a few days. Midnight Organ Fight was a gamechanger for me.

Here’s a brilliant clip of Scott playing an acoustic version of This Modern Leper. His banter with the child in the audience is charming and heartbreaking at the same time (as Scott’s storyline would unfold.)

Here’s a brilliant clip of Scott playing an acoustic version of This Modern Leper. His banter with the child in the audience is charming and heartbreaking at the same time (as Scott’s storyline would unfold.)

That song was my introduction to them.

Listening to Floating in the Forth at any point since it happened will instantly break my brain.