RIP Tom Petty | Syracusefan.com

RIP Tom Petty

after suffering a heart attack last night. no link. friend just sent me a txt

now they're reporting that he has been taken off life support, who knows what the real story is

Damn. I wanted to see him at Canadaigua this summer. Couldn't arrange it. One of my favorites. RIP Tom.

Tom Petty, legendary rocker, is dead at 66

What a terrible shame. Such a great entertainer, such an effortless songwriter. I had the privilege of seeing him up close in concert a couple times. Once before Howie Epstein OD'd, and then again after.

The tragedy just keeps on coming. Wow.

Mods: You can combine this with the other thread. Thank you.

Well, damn. Anyone who says this isn't the best version of this song ever is a liar. RIP to another great. :(

It's sad knowing that two of the greats on that stage are now no longer with us. BTW, George Harrison's son is like a clone of George circa 1960.

RIP Tom Petty. Hope you're jamming with Prince, Roy Orbison and George tonight.

Saw him at SPAC twice. Great performer. I still remember buying "Damn the Torpedoes" in 1979. Very sad day overall.

Tom Petty Found Unconscious in Full Cardiac Arrest

Looks like they got there in time to drag his heart around...

Update: Reporting now that he has been removed from life support as he is brain dead. I hope the reports are wrong.
As of 5:50 he is reported as being taken off life support. The reports of death were premature.

Legendary Rocker Tom Petty Reportedly Taken Off Life Support (UPDATE)
Legendary Rocker Tom Petty Reportedly Taken Off Life Support (UPDATE) | HuffPost

On the news tonight at 6:23 PM MDT, they reported he is still on life support. I know I read sources this afternoon that said he had in fact died after being taken off life support.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom