RIP Wilford Brimley | Syracusefan.com

RIP Wilford Brimley

Good riddance.

Quite a career. No disrespect intended, but I thought Wilford had been 85 for about 30 years
He was 50 when he filmed Cocoon. That’s crazy. I’m a year older than that right now

How come the scene from Absence of Malice where he became a "star" in not available in its entirety on line? Just a great 5 minutes.

Good riddance.
For the record, I am not condoning -fighting, but AP anecdotes are not usually a reliable method to place judgement on one's entire life. not cool!

I remember that Don Imus did a parody of Brimley's Quaker Oats commercial for Thanksgiving that was absolutly the best. Even if it should of been X rated

Here it is:

Last edited:
For the record, I am not condoning -fighting, but AP anecdotes are not usually a reliable method to place judgement on one's entire life. not cool!
There were more than a handful of reports over the years he was generally considered to be an a-hole.

There were more than a handful of reports over the years he was generally considered to be an a-hole.
Even if they are all true, people with grace generally have enough self discipline to avoid dancing on one's grave.
I think in general, it's bad form to air dirty laundry at a person's death. Virtually every Hollywood obituary would be a mess, because almost all of them have an ugly side.

Even if they are all true, people with grace generally have enough self discipline to avoid dancing on one's grave.
I think in general, it's bad form to air dirty laundry at a person's death. Virtually every Hollywood obituary would be a mess, because almost all of them have an ugly side.
I agree with that. I just made an exception for a cockfighting proponent with a mean reputation. I could have waited.

He was 50 when he filmed Cocoon. That’s crazy. I’m a year older than that right now
So I'm imagining that you look something like this...
cocoon1.jpg

My favorite was his role in Seinfeld.

"Mr. Kramer, in addition to being a Postmaster, I'm a General. And we both know it's the job of a General to by God get things done. So maybe you can understand why I get a little irritated when somebody calls me away from golf!!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom